Terrific Western Caribbean Cruise

DeepFreeze63

Just back from 10 days on Explorer in western Caribbean. Purpose was to get away with daughter and son-in-law and to introduce them to adult cruising; they had cruised on Disney with their kids. Our 11th Regent cruise was terrific!

We had E cabins (described in "sticky" above) and loved them. I'll discuss Pre- and Post cruise in a separate Thread.

As usual, onboard experience was magnificent. The husband/wife team of CD Andy and Social HostessTammy were born for their jobs - affable, great singers and beautifully attired. The Ass't CD Dave is a gifted vocalist. The comedian John Joseph was a WOW! The production cast put on four thoroughly enjoyable shows.

Special thanks to Regent for getting the broadcast of the entire Winter Olympics.

The "Daily Quiz" has been replaced on the Explorer with a Mensa (the high IQ organization) quiz of 5 daily puzzle/questions - available at 8AM with answers given just before daily Trivia. All with most correct answers get 3 Regent Rewards points. The questions are not usually "googable" but not too difficult to get 4 right.

The excursions were unexpectedly enjoyable - I'll detail in a separate post. Regent used large local tenders in the two tender ports and that worked very well.

The last three days we were under "Code Red" (none of the ship staff used that term in announcements). I didn't ever notice any sick persons! Library was closed; restroom doors were open; sanitation was stressed; and buffet was served by staff - but it didn't detract from our enjoyment of the cruise.

I'd be happy to answer specific questions.