Marella Discovery 2 - Cuban Fusion/Atlantic Discoveries - 3 April 2018

Got e-ticket this morning however, admin being what it is, port information is not up to date.

I also have a query regarding terminals at Manchester. Having previously left from Manchester, I know that we leave from Terminal 2 as stated on the ticket. However, the return flight from Palma on 28th April states Main Terminal. My brain says this would be T1 but Airport site says all Tui flights use T2. Can anyone clarify as we are heading for the train station when we arrive back in the UK.

Thanks.

I got ours this morning and as you say the itinerary is as we booked and takes no account of the update we received last week with a change of itinerary

Manchester is always Terminal 2 fir TUI. Was last year on return from Palma, previous year from Malaga and the previous year to that from Palma Terminal I usually internal flights and short haul to European cities

I got ours this morning and as you say the itinerary is as we booked and takes no account of the update we received last week with a change of itinerary

Manchester is always Terminal 2 fir TUI. Was last year on return from Palma, previous year from Malaga and the previous year to that from Palma Terminal I usually internal flights and short haul to European cities

Thanks Vitalsign.

It's what I thought but who can tell with the misinformation that comes our way. Makes it a bit nearer now that the tickets are here. Have my reservations about the ship but will have 25 days to get used to it. This is our 30th year of cruising with the company (whatever it's called) and have seen a lot of changes so will just adapt and know that we will be on Celebration in August and Discovery in November.:D

Is anyone else annoyed at change of itinerary for cruise leaving on 10th April?

I should imagine there is a shipload of passengers who are really disappointed, other than those who are joining the cruise on April 3 as a 25 nighter.

Some people have managed to get a refund under the 'major changes rule' but apparently it was a hard fight. We are on it but have no confidence in the company. I saw it referred to as the Marella Mystery Cruise on FB.

We are considering cancelling our far eastern cruise for next Feb on Discovery and walking away from Marella.

Got e-ticket this morning however, admin being what it is, port information is not up to date.

I also have a query regarding terminals at Manchester. Having previously left from Manchester, I know that we leave from Terminal 2 as stated on the ticket. However, the return flight from Palma on 28th April states Main Terminal. My brain says this would be T1 but Airport site says all Tui flights use T2. Can anyone clarify as we are heading for the train station when we arrive back in the UK.

Thanks.

The terminal stated on any flight tickets is the one you go to to check in for the flight, so T2 at Manchester, Main Terminal at Palma. Simples!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

The terminal stated on any flight tickets is the one you go to to check in for the flight, so T2 at Manchester, Main Terminal at Palma. Simples! Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Doh! Thanks Malch_uk.

Head's not been in a good place for the last few weeks and for some reason I was reading it as the arrival terminal at Manchester. I just saw the words Main Terminal and went into la la land. If I don't get a grip there's no saying where we're going to turn up for departure on the 3rd. No doubt I'd have sussed out by 28 April where we were landing.

Grateful thanks again.

Is anyone else annoyed at change of itinerary for cruise leaving on 10th April?

God evening lizock.

Thank goodness that you are on the cruise also, we are leaving on 10th April from Glasgow,thought that my husband and myself were the only two on this cruise.I have also contacted Marella by e-mail but unfortunately still waiting for a reply.

Yes we are extremely unhappy about missing out visiting Bahamas because we had planned our wedding anniversary celebration there, but Cayman Islands, Grand Turk lovely. We also have previously booked a day hotel pass in Amber Cove but don’t see this particular day trip on offer with Marella. We had actually visited Cayman Islands, Grand Turk and Amber Cove in December 2017

So here we go again back to the same islands.

I should imagine there is a shipload of passengers who are really disappointed, other than those who are joining the cruise on April 3 as a 25 nighter.

Some people have managed to get a refund under the 'major changes rule' but apparently it was a hard fight. We are on it but have no confidence in the company. I saw it referred to as the Marella Mystery Cruise on FB.

We are considering cancelling our far eastern cruise for next Feb on Discovery and walking away from Marella.

We were thinking of doing the Far East with Marella but now having second thoughts. We were on the Dubai cruise last winter and felt as it was Tui's first time in the Middle East the tours hadn't been well thought out and there were lots of disgruntled passengers. With it being Tui Marella's first time in the Far East we feel the same situation may arise so we would rather go with a company that has more experience of cruising in the Far East.

Having read about the port changes on the present Caribbean cruises with Marella we are not sure that Marella can deliver on the itineraries on their first venture to the Far East. We are aware that ports often need to be changed at short notice due to weather condidtions and this is understandable but in Tui Marella's case this looks like bad planning.

We were thinking of doing the Far East with Marella but now having second thoughts. We were on the Dubai cruise last winter and felt as it was Tui's first time in the Middle East the tours hadn't been well thought out and there were lots of disgruntled passengers. With it being Tui Marella's first time in the Far East we feel the same situation may arise so we would rather go with a company that has more experience of cruising in the Far East.

Having read about the port changes on the present Caribbean cruises with Marella we are not sure that Marella can deliver on the itineraries on their first venture to the Far East. We are aware that ports often need to be changed at short notice due to weather condidtions and this is understandable but in Tui Marella's case this looks like bad planning.

You are right about bad planning.

The latest faux pas is on the D2 Iconic Italia cruise commencing April 28th. They have been selling excursions to Pompeii and Herculaneum from Naples on May 1st. Clearly they did not check the availability of running those tours before putting them on sale.

May 1st is always a national holiday (Labour Day) In Italy (regardless of the day on which it falls) and both of those venues are always closed on that day.

The excursions have now been cancelled.

I agree it would be a risk to trust them in the Far East.

Just checked for trips to Amber Cove on Friday 13 April and there are still none available. This is one of the replacement ports on the Atantic Discoveries section of the cruise. I'm not holding my breath for any trips to materialise and look forward to a mystery port being announced onboard. :rolleyes:

Skioncruises - it won't be a mystery port - it'll be La Romana again!!! We have had Amber Cove changed to La Romana 3 times - so looks like Bayehibi beach trip again

Also just a point about itinerary changes In my experience of Marella cruises and having done 4 Transatlantic crossings and 25 cruises in all, it is very rare for normal season cruises to be changed unless it's bad weather or out of Marella's control. Only had one change on a seasons cruise and that was when weather was really bad in Slovenia so we stayed overnight in Venice, which will have been expensive for Marella I think and guess what no one complained. However Transatlantic cruises, which are always cheaper and at the beginning or end of a season, are more difficult to arrange and we have had changes on previous ones. This has never bothered us BUT I can really understand those who booked this especially for Havana and the Bahamas being very disappointed. Fortunately we will be on the week before and having an overnight in Havana but disappointed to miss the Bahamas

Hi Vitalsign

Knew you would reply to me.:D This will be our sixth TA. Seem to do them every two years - only because every one has been our last until they come up with ports we haven't done. Always do the April ones as I couldn't face the long haul home.

We did Bayahibe Beach transfer two years ago, although we are not beach people and thoroughtly enjoyed it, so if it's Romana again that's where we will be heading.

We've been lucky in that we have never had port changes in over 30 years (nearly all with the T/T/M). Goodness knows what that equates to in cruise numbers having never kept count of what was b2b,14 days or more.

I agree with you about those only going for 18 days - they must be absolutely devastated.

I thought I would book our trips for Havana and decided to split them over the two weeks. What a palaver to get my money back but last weekend managed to get a lovely person who was not the other side of the world and the refund was done there and then and in my bank on Tuesday. I got waffle and basically "you'll get it when we get round to it" without asking my name, booking number or date of cruise.:mad: Bring back Cruise Deals.

Only five weeks to go.:D