Tender boats?

Nassau and feeeport. I know they aren’t tender ports but wasn’t sure if you ever ended up having to use them there.

Nassau is not a tender port. Not sure on Freeport. When in a tender port I have had more carnival life boats as teners than local vendors.

Neither are tender ports and I have never heard of them being used there.

I know other cruise line do it, but none of my Carnival cruises have yet used a lifeboat for a tender. They are very big 100+ passenger ferry boats most of the time.

Nassau and feeeport. I know they aren’t tender ports but wasn’t sure if you ever ended up having to use them there.

If there was some reason they couldn't dock it would probably also rule out tenders so you'd probably just be diverted elsewhere.

In my 17 cruisers all but once were the tenders local boats, the only exception was Hawaii where we were in the lifeboats

We had both on one sailing with NCL and it was because the port we went to didn’t have a tender service in place so lifeboats had to be used. I assume that would be what dictated it anywhere but as others said Freeport and Nassau are not going to be tender ports.

It's local tenders almost exclusively...except at private island stops like HMC and CocoCay, where the tenders are owned by the cruise lines and designed expressly as tenders. The ones at CocoCay can hold almost 300 people per trip.

One cruise line that DOES use their own lifeboats as tenders a lot is Holland America, probably because on average, their ships have smaller capacities. I've seen them anchor off Cozumel when it was (presumably) full and use their own lifeboats as tenders, since Coz doesn't have locally-provided tenders. (That'd be a very crowded day there, too. :o )