Southern Caribbean Snorkeling

Benny&daJets

We are cruising on the NCL Dawn in January 2019 and will be going to Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Barbados, Grenada, and St. Lucia. We would like to snorkel in at least three ports. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best ports, excursions, or even private tours for snorkeling? Thank you!

We are cruising on the NCL Dawn in January 2019 and will be going to Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Barbados, Grenada, and St. Lucia. We would like to snorkel in at least three ports. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best ports, excursions, or even private tours for snorkeling? Thank you!

Yes, Bonaire and st Lucia were the best I've ever experienced.

In Bonaire catch the water taxi over to Klein island. Don't remember the cost, not much maybe $10 or $12 round trip.

In st. Lucia go snorkeling at anse chastanet, it's the best by far. We signed up with Spencer Ambrose tours for the "snorkel adventure" $65/pp and tons of fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Of at least one snorkeling at all these islands except St Lucia yet.....

Bonaire. Always. Number one! You do a drift snorkel where you just go with the current ....could spend a week or a month there snorkeling!

Barbados, lots of sea turtles :cool:

Grenada, must see underwater sculptures !

• 1 month later...

Bonaire: We rented a car and drove around the island. All of the spots are marked with yellow named rocks. We had our own snorkel gear so we just hopped in and did our thing. :) There are maps online and some will detail the snorkeling in that spot.

Aruba: Black Pearl Snorkeling/Sail. We did a sunset cruise/ snorkel with them. Fabulous food. Great crew and an average snorkel. The guys on the boat were very helpful and even found a sea turtle for me. Not a lot of coral. We also did a snorkel the same day with Jolly Pirates. It was a horrible experience unless all you wanted to do was drink and party with the crew. They were not focused on the guest or helping the guest with the snorkel portion of the adventure. In fact one lady was struggling to get in the boat and the crew ignored her. The guests had to help her get back into the boat. In all honesty that was the worst customer service I have seen in the Caribbean.

Curacao: We rented a car and drove around the island. My main goal was to see the Flamingos. :) I don't remember where we snorkeled there. I will say the town where we docked was a lot of fun to explore.

St. Lucia: We rented a car and drove to the Sugar Beach Resort. We just told the guard we wanted to park and use the beach. To the right of the resort is a public area for snorkeling etc. It's really beautiful.