Airfare

joepeka

I intentionally look for first flights of the day, usually a 6:00 am flight, and I am ALWAYS there by 4:00am—2 hours prior. I would have an anxiety attack if I didn’t allow plenty of time. That’s just me. I am definitely not a last minute or spur of the moment gal! Lol!

That's the exact way I prefer to fly!

I guess I misspoke. I meant that as far as MKE goes, Southwest is the major provider. Midwest used to be our main provider before they closed in 2010. Only got to fly them once, but it was definitely the best flight I've ever had! For anyone who doesn't know, they didn't have first class, everybody was first class for the price of an economy seat!

I'd call it more like business class ;) But yeah, Midwest was nice. They set up a secondary focus city in Kansas City so I was able to fly them a few times to LAX, SFO and SEA. Very enjoyable flights, I do mess them.

I'd call it more like business class ;) But yeah, Midwest was nice. They set up a secondary focus city in Kansas City so I was able to fly them a few times to LAX, SFO and SEA. Very enjoyable flights, I do mess them.

There is a local movement I was just reading about for their revival. People are saying, optimistically, Midwest could be flying again by 2020.

There is a local movement I was just reading about for their revival. People are saying, optimistically, Midwest could be flying again by 2020.

The number of potential airlines that have come and gone with nothing more than an image on paper is astonishing. It seems like every few months, someone resurrects an old airline name and says it'll fly again. They never do, and unfortunately I have the same feeling about Midwest. Also, Midwest's business model probably wouldn't work anymore in 2020, so if they did come around again, I doubt they would be anything like their previous version :(

Another thread that was obviously moved from another forum...particularly with gems like this, LOL

And lots of personal stories that have zero application to the situation at hand. And folks wonder how urban legends start and persist....

In this case, the coherence of the discussion may also have been adversely affected by what appears to be the rather random splitting of the thread: the first post in this thread seems to be a reply to the first post in another thread (the OP of which was the second poster to this thread).

It would be good if the two threads could be put back together again.

...we swore off United. Well, United was our cheapest option, once again... and we thought long and hard before booking it."

This is why corporations don't care about customer satisfaction. They know you'll be back to save some money.

Full disclosure - going to our next cruise will be on United. And like grandmarnnurse, cost was a very strong factor. OTOH, I have such low expectations UA would have a hard time disappointing me. :-)