Do cabs in Montreal take credit cards?

ontheweb

Do cabs in Montreal take credit cards? We will have to go from the cruise port to our hotel in Old Montreal, and then later from there to the airport.

(For sightseeing, the location in old Montreal seems to work for walking.)

Yes - at least in theory! Best to check before getting in that the machine is not 'broken' just like anywhere else, make it clear you have a card and that's how you want to pay.

Depending on your hotel, it might be as fast to walk as to wait if the cab queue is long - but wheelie bags and cobbled streets do not mix well, so a cab may be much easier even if it's a very short ride.

Yes - at least in theory! Best to check before getting in that the machine is not 'broken' just like anywhere else, make it clear you have a card and that's how you want to pay.

Depending on your hotel, it might be as fast to walk as to wait if the cab queue is long - but wheelie bags and cobbled streets do not mix well, so a cab may be much easier even if it's a very short ride.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Actually I booked our hotel today, and asked them. They did say yes. Let me actually make that clearer; I called the hotel since I had a few questions before I booked it through Best Western by phone. Best Western needed the state. I told them the province was Quebec; and the reply was "is it British Columbia?" And then I was asked to spell Montreal.

Actually I booked our hotel today, and asked them. They did say yes. Let me actually make that clearer; I called the hotel since I had a few questions before I booked it through Best Western by phone. Best Western needed the state. I told them the province was Quebec; and the reply was "is it British Columbia?" And then I was asked to spell Montreal.

Good Lord. Yes, the cabs take credit cards.

That's amusing, but not actually surprising!

I live on Quebec Street here in Vancouver, and when typing our address into various website address fields it can sometimes pre-fill with an assumed Quebec province address - it's especially an issue on US and other non-Canadian sites which sometimes struggle to handle the different Canadian address and postal code format. The call center agent might not have been quite so ignorant as they seemed, it might actually be a BW database niggle...

Since we have banking relationships in the UK, US and Canada we have run into all sorts of ludicrous address-related issues, and living on a street named after a province, that is pronounced with a Kay-sound rather than a Cue-sound, has magnified the problems (especially with voice-recognition software - which cannot handle Scots accents well at the best of times...

)

Credit cards, yes, made the trip June 2 around noon.

Note there's currently heavy weekend traffic to airport because of freeway work. Our driver took several back roads to avoid.

Charge was $40 Canadian from downtown to airport, flat rate evidently.

Coffee Drinker

Credit cards, yes, made the trip June 2 around noon.

Note there's currently heavy weekend traffic to airport because of freeway work. Our driver took several back roads to avoid.

Charge was $40 Canadian from downtown to airport, flat rate evidently.

Coffee Drinker

Thank you. Although our cruise docks on a Saturday, we will not be leaving until Monday, past the weekend.

When I spoke to the hotel we will be staying at, they said there is a bus to the airport for $10 Canadian. However I do not know how practical that would be with luggage.