Boston question/pre and post cruise??

jeffyd

We're doing the New England cruise on the Maasdam roundtrip out of Boston this summer on 7/17 - 7/24. We fly into Boston at 9:45 AM and fly out the following Saturday at 3:12 PM. I believe the ship does not sail out until about 5 PM and gets back into port around 8 AM. We'd like to do a few sight seeing things in Bostom either pre or post cruise (would prefer pre-cruise) but wondered what we would do with all of our luggage. Anyone done this before and have any ideas? I was thinking on the Saturday we get there we could get a cab over to the port and check our baggage, but not get on the ship and just turn around and catch a cab back into town and sight see, but that seems silly to go back and forth twice. Any other ideas from people who may have done this before? Any thoughts on the best tour/thing to do for the little bit of time we'd have in Boston? I'm thinking we'd have about 3 or 4 hours from maybe about 11 AM until about 3 PM. Thoughts? Thanks.

With the new Ted Williams Tunnel, going to the city via the cruise terminal isn't such a bad thought. I like the idea of dropping off your bags and then heading into the city for a few hours, assuming the cruiseline will take your luggage that early!

If you ask the cabby to take you to Faneuil Hall, you'll be very close to all of the Trolley Tours around town. Pick any one of them, or just stay in that area and walk some of the Freedom Trail.

Archived