Cheers

mirrajay

Yes, yes, I know its a tourist trap in Boston, but I would like to go just to say I have been. I understand there are two Cheers Bars in the city - which one would you recommend? Does one look more like the TV one? One in a better area of the city?

How is the food there?

Thanks!

Carey

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The one at Fanueil Hall was built to look like the one on TV.

The bar the TV show was based on (underneath the Hampshire House, on Beacon Street), is smaller and looks nothing like the TV Set.

The food at the Faneuil Hall one is tourist food, I don't recall if the original one has food or not.

They're both well located, Faneuil Hall is right in the middle of tourist-land, Beacon Street is near the Boston Common and Public Garden and a block or so from the State House.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

LOL yes, thats the exact reason we need to have a drink there too.

While I am on the topic...are there other bars/pubs around this area? We are in Boston from 3-10pm, so we would like to do a little bar hopping in the later hours of the day. Any suggestions?

if you cross the park and find Boylston Street take a left on Boylston and go on the opposite side, heading for Tremont Street. You will see an alley on your right that has many bars there set up sort of like a Bourbon Street atmosphere. I have not been in a while so I do not remember the names. Pravda is also down there as well, another bar. You can go to the theatre district and see if Nick's is having a comedy show. But Fanuel Hall will have the most bars and is pretty close to the pier with lots of cabs.

There is actually a walking-tour map available at both Cheers locations that directs you from one location to the other. So after you go to the original Cheers on Beacon Street, you may be able to walk over to the Faneuil Hall Cheers. :)

Archived