New and current weight watchers

Who else is currently doing weight watchers? The other thread is pretty old and there are not many new posts.

I started on Tuesday and would like to keep in touch with others who are doing weight watchers to lose before you cruise!

Holler at me!

• 2 weeks later...

I am on weight watchers now for 5 months and have lost 30lbs. I initially was trying to lose for our March cruise but I'm sticking with it for the long term...love the plan! Im not on here often but love the Connect feature of WW online app! You should check it out.

I'm so glad to have found this new WW thread. I am a Lifetime but had not been to a weigh-in or meeting for the last 2 years due to a divorce and move to a new state. I should've picked up a new meeting right away but life got in the way and I didn't.

I maintained my exact goal weight for 18 months but in the last 6 months, have been slowly creeping-up on the scale......to the tune of +18 lbs.

I'm so ashamed of myself as I know the work that it took to get to my goal. I attribute the 18 lbs to eating out way too often at restaurants and grabbing fast food on the go.

I started back to my WW plan yesterday albeit using the old Points-Plus tracking system as I've yet to attend a new meeting and learn the new plan. I will do that in the next week or so.

I look forward to checking in with everyone and sharing tips and successes.

Cari

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

• 2 weeks later...

The new plan costs a ton of points for anything with sugar or high carbs. Its all about protein. Fruit and vegetables are free. A coke is 10 points.

I've lost 4.4 pounds so far... Slow going but I'm coming off a convalescence.

Glad to see people responded!

The new plan costs a ton of points for anything with sugar or high carbs. Its all about protein. Fruit and vegetables are free. A coke is 10 points.

I've lost 4.4 pounds so far... Slow going but I'm coming off a convalescence.

Glad to see people responded!

Congrats on your loss. 👍

I weighed in yesterday and was only down 1.0 this week. I was a little disappointed as the week prior, I lost 3lbs. 18 -4 = 14 more to go til I'm back at my goal weight.

I wish it came off as easy as it went on. 😕

Friday weigh in....down another 1.0. I'm not too upset as it's still a loss.

18 - 5 = 13 to go !

I'm going to try and pump up my work out activity a little. I usually walk or go for a short jog in the evening but we've had so much rain lately that I've been lazy and stayed in.

I've also gone out 2 nights this week. I had a few wings and a cocktail one night but did use my points. The next time, I snuck in my own fat-free salad dressing....tacky but hey, if the restaurant doesn't offer a low fat option, I'm willing to do what I need to. My daily points are like gold.

The key for me is to track....if I bite it...I write it.

Have a great week.

Cari

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

• 2 weeks later...

I rejoined ww on Jan 6 (for the umpteenth time) and am down 25.4 lbs. I am happy with that, it's the most I have ever lost. I have had a Europe river cruise, a week at the beach, camping trip and a trip to NY all in that time. Normally I would go on vacation, gain and then be embarrassed to go to my meeting and end up quitting. Now I go and weigh in no matter what. They key is getting right back on track!!

I love the new plan and don't seem to have as many cravings on it.

Connie

• 3 weeks later...

You all are gonna LOVE me....I have never done any weight loss plan in my life and am going to need all your help (if you don't mind to help that is).

I JUST joined WW (about 10 mins ago) while at my desk at work. I know I have a lot of reading to do online and about to leave work now. So I thought I would jump on here to CC and "see" if anyone had a WW thread.

I have no clue what I am doing and am hoping to me more informed within the next few hours. I just wanted to subscribe and say HI...I'm Kathy from WV and just joined the WW family!

You all are gonna LOVE me....I have never done any weight loss plan in my life and am going to need all your help (if you don't mind to help that is).

I JUST joined WW (about 10 mins ago) while at my desk at work. I know I have a lot of reading to do online and about to leave work now. So I thought I would jump on here to CC and "see" if anyone had a WW thread.

I have no clue what I am doing and am hoping to me more informed within the next few hours. I just wanted to subscribe and say HI...I'm Kathy from WV and just joined the WW family!

Like you I just joined on Tuesday! I did the one on one coaching, had first talk yesterday with one I chose. She was great! I also found the connect feature in the app near. Lots to learn but I'm ready to do...8 months till our cruise and I'd like to be down 30-40.

I am only doing the online. I joined this past Thursday, took Fri & Sat to read and gather information and go food shopping.

Today is my first "Official Day". I used 26 out of 30 points for the day...feeling a bit hungry still but it's 9:38pm so I'm not about to get a few last points in.

My biggest challenge will be water. I don't drink hardly anything..my normal (prior to today) was 1-2 cups coffee (Light and sweet), then a glass of milk at lunch, dinner and around 7pm with a snack. Yes, I'm a milk drinker and go through a gallon a week of 2%. So far today I had 3/4 cup coffee (with 1/2 cup water to get it watered down enough for 2 tsp of sugar free creamer and 1 packet of sweet N low) and then 2 glasses of water with grape flavoring (0 points).

My 2nd challenge will be exercise. I work from home and sit infront of the computer for 8.5 hours a day. I have a stationary bike and starting tomorrow I am going to do 15 min breaks throughout the day. Some co-workers take "smoke breaks" so I'll be doing "activity breaks".

Hope everyone is doing well. I thought this thread would be hopping by now!

I started back to WW last week so Wed. will be my first new weigh in. I am trying to find a thread on here that has some activity. I feel there is strength in numbers and we can all help each other push through this. I want to stay focused so I can lose 40 lbs by my Feb 2017 cruise. That is roughly 2 lbs per week so we'll see

I agree that I thought there would be more active WW threads also. Maybe this one is it..LOL

I think that is wonderful that you know your goal is really 2 lbs per week. I have not gotten that far yet...my Goal is 30 lbs by the end of May...so I'm just going to go with the flow.

Need to still take a break and go exercise...I'm behind on that goal today. Go started with work and pulled in conference calls all morning. Maybe after lunch!

I need new and exciting things to eat to keep my interested besides all chicken and veggies lol. I was on you tube last night and I found some great videos. One was this girl who lost over 165 lbs and she does a ton of clips {I believe her name is weightwatchergirl1} She likes to show new products she has found. She raved about these things called Vita tops. They are kinda like a muffin/cookie and come in all kinds of flavors. Most of them are 2 pts and she says very filling and satisfying. I haven't tried them yet but I did order some. She says some stores carry them as well but not all the flavors.

Who else is currently doing weight watchers?

I joined WW 5 months ago and have lost 40.2 lbs - 19 more lbs to go to goal which I plan to reach prior to our March cruise.

We are booked on a repositioning cruise with Oceania and am pleased that the portions have been described as small and that there are spa healthy alternatives available at all meals.

Thank you for this thread and good luck to all!

Robjame..., ... but I know how hard it really is. I have 5 months till my cruise and that is my goal

It is hard and, IMO, there are no shortcuts. Being a guy it probably comes off a little easier.

I really embraced the WW methods. I tracked everything I ate on their mobile app. I went from no exercise to 5 times a week. I watched my portions, decreased the meat size and ate all kinds of fruit and vegetables.... and of course, the water. :)

If I can do it. You can do it. Good luck!!!

It is hard and, IMO, there are no shortcuts. Being a guy it probably comes off a little easier.

I really embraced the WW methods. I tracked everything I ate on their mobile app. I went from no exercise to 5 times a week. I watched my portions, decreased the meat size and ate all kinds of fruit and vegetables.... and of course, the water. :)

If I can do it. You can do it. Good luck!!!

Thank You Robjame, and thanx for the tips!!!

I weighed in this morning and I am down 3.6 lbs so 36.4 lbs to go. I'm feeling good and motivated now:)

I'm only 4 days into it but when I took the day to shop the app was mostly "how" I was shopping. I have not tried any of the other sites that have been mentioned in this thread yet.

my personal challenges are exercise and water. I have only done about 15-30 mins per day on the exercise bike. And maybe get in 2 eight oz per day. I have not really read anything on water...I know it's supposed to be 8 eight oz per day...so I'm behind in both areas there!

I'm only 4 days into it but when I took the day to shop the app was mostly "how" I was shopping. I have not tried any of the other sites that have been mentioned in this thread yet.

my personal challenges are exercise and water. I have only done about 15-30 mins per day on the exercise bike. And maybe get in 2 eight oz per day. I have not really read anything on water...I know it's supposed to be 8 eight oz per day...so I'm behind in both areas there!

Water was hard for me when I started before but it starts to get more routine as you go along. I find it helps to have a water jug of some sort, mine is 24 ounces. Keep it filled and with you all day. Tip... I think the ones with a straw help me to drink more also.

WW and their always changing point system, I've learned in the last week sugar free is very important and the items with less sugar have less points. I used to always buy my fat free french vanilla coffee creamer now sugar free is less points.

Try to plan out your meals for the week and then go shopping it really helps. I did that this week and I made healthy meals and my family ate everyone of them!!! Last night I made a Buffalo chicken chili and a bowl was only 4 points. I had a vitatop corn muffin on the side for 4 points and I was totally satisfied.

I've been on and off WW. I'm still giving it the old college try. Need to lose about 15lbs before my April 12th sailing on the Emerald Princess. I'm really trying this time so I'll hang in here with you guys. The Connect feature on the WW app is really great...check it out. LETS DO THIS!!!!!