POA Cruise the Big Island

Grampyshottub

According to the FB group, and watching the tracking last Tuesday, they circled around the opposite side of the island on the way to Kona. Someone said she saw a little orange blob WAY in the distance early in the morning as they were approaching Hilo, guess they swung wide and came back toward Hilo.

We're leaving Friday and will be there in a week, hoping to circle around the volcano side of the island, but not holding my breath.

We received notice today of our originally planned excursion in Hilo being cancelled, which we understand. We are now considering the "Circle of Fire" helicopter tour as we really are hoping to see the lava flow. Can anyone tell us please if they are flying close enough to the volcano to see the flowing lava or if there is a no-fly zone near the volcano? While I am willing to spend the money for this if they can get close to the lava flow, I would be extremely disappointed spending this money and not being able to see the whole purpose of this helicopter excursion. If anyone knows anything recently, please let me know. We are on the July 14th sailing of the Pride of America. Thank you in advance.

We received notice today of our originally planned excursion in Hilo being cancelled, which we understand. We are now considering the "Circle of Fire" helicopter tour as we really are hoping to see the lava flow. Can anyone tell us please if they are flying close enough to the volcano to see the flowing lava or if there is a no-fly zone near the volcano? While I am willing to spend the money for this if they can get close to the lava flow, I would be extremely disappointed spending this money and not being able to see the whole purpose of this helicopter excursion. If anyone knows anything recently, please let me know. We are on the July 14th sailing of the Pride of America. Thank you in advance.

I think you’ll be ok booking- my experience with it (Blue Hawaii Helicopters) is that they refund you if they need to cancel or deviate from what’s advertised. We had some pretty adverse weather and they refunded us because we couldn’t fly.