Trolleys at Boston Pier?

sdf89

I'm finding most posts that talk about the trolley tour in Boston (hop on/hop off), state that the trolley may or may not be stopping at the pier. (i.e. sometimes you can join the trolley right there vs sometimes you have to taxi downtown to a trolley stop). Does it depend on time or year, or what ships are in port?

I found this info on the MassPort site:

Black Falcon Transportation

Cruiseport Boston, operating at the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in the South Boston Waterfront District, is one of the most popular cruise ports in North America for a very good reason – its proximity to the City of Boston. To help passengers make the most of their Port of Call, a first class, round-trip shuttle is now in operation to get you where you're going safely, efficiently, and comfortably.

Operated by Brush Hill / Gray Line / Beantown Trolley, the shuttle offers transportation on Port of Call days to some of Boston’s best destinations, such as: the New England Aquarium, located on Central Wharf on Boston’s vibrant Waterfront; Faneuil Hall Marketplace, the seat of American history and the site of one of America's most famous shopping and dining experiences and Copley Square, home to Trinity Church, the elegant and upscale Copley Place Mall; and adjacent to trendy Newbury Street.

Shuttles depart every 15 minutes from the Cruise Terminal on Port of Call days, approximately from the time passengers are first allowed to leave their vessel, until the time advertised by the vessel as the last opportunity to re-board.

For disembarkation vessels, a first class motor coach service is also available to transport passengers to Boston’s South Station Intermodal Transportation Center and Logan International Airport, with stops at all terminals.

FARE SCHEDULE FOR TROLLEY SHUTTLE:

April through August: $8.00 one way $12.00 round trip

September & October: $10.00 one way $15.00 round trip

I wasnt able to find any more info on the Brush Hill / Gray Line / Beantown Trolley site (brushhilltours.com), but I am guessing that we will see this trolley or info about it when we get there. You can call the company if you want - 800-343-1328.

Hope that helps !

Carey

We were on a cruise that stopped in Boston last year. When we got off the ship, there were several different trolley companies there selling tickets. They all went to the same places and had the same prices. We got our tickets and then they put us on a bus to take us to the first stop on the trolley tour. You could get off and on as much as you wanted. It took you to pretty much anywhere in Boston you could want to go. The trolley ran pretty regular. I think the most we waited for one was 15 minutes. When you want to go back to the ship, you get off at the stop you got on at and there is someone there from the trolley company directing you to the bus or van back to the ship.

Archived