Bar Harbor, place to eat...

SEA_LADY

Can anyone suggest a good place we can have lunch...we would like to have a typical clam bake (with everything in one pot)(but it must also include lobster)(one in our party only wants lobster). It would be great if we could find something on the water, where you can sit out side and eat and drink and enjoy the day!!!!

any suggestions????

When you get into the downtown area, you will see a restaurant to the left as you look towards the water. You have to walk out onto a pier, and they have both outside and inside eating. They usually run a Lobster special. It comes with fries, salad, blueberry pie for desert. You can get clams as an appetizer. I just wish I remembered the name of the place. We have been there at least a dozen times. The last time we were there, the lobster dinner was only 12.95

I also have a question about lobster. Can you get lobster tails in New England or is everything the whole lobster?

I also will probably need a place to eat in Bar Harbor. We have 1 1/2 hrs. between excursions. Would also be interested to know about any places with good chowder.

Thanks all

I think Cloudmaster might be thinking about Fisherman's Wharf or something like that, but if it's the one I think he means, it hasn't opened this year. Something about new owners. We were there just a couple of weeks ago. However, there are lots of good restaurants within easy walking distance of where the tender lands. The all specialize in seafood of all kinds. Enjoy!

I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't opened. That was a regular visit for us in the past. You can get just the tails, but why not get the claws too. These are not like Caribbean lobsters that have no claws. The claw meet, while not normally as sweet as the tail meat, is still worth it.

Archived