Premium All inclusive

readingfast

We have the Premium All Inclusive package and all our "freebies" are listed on our booking including, water, internet, OBC ,excursions credit and Service charges.

I am confused however about the All inclusive Beverage package & coffee.

Where can I see a list of all the included drinks, including non-alcoholic ones?

Does this mean coffee with meals only or, does it including coffee at any of the bars at any time of day?

Last time I travelled with NCL I remember some ludicrous rule that I could have a Baileys coffee for free but had to pay for a plain black coffee.

I am also assuming that the drinks etc. in the cabin fridge are not part of the package.

Any clarification on this matter would be very welcome.

We have the Premium All Inclusive package and all our "freebies" are listed on our booking including, water, internet, OBC ,excursions credit and Service charges.

Where can I see a list of all the included drinks, including non-alcoholic ones?

Does this mean coffee with meals only or, does it including coffee at any of the bars at any time of day?

Last time I travelled with NCL I remember some ludicrous rule that I could have a Baileys coffee for free but had to pay for a plain black coffee.

I am also assuming that the drinks etc. in the cabin fridge are not part of the package.

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less, the Pride of America or Harvest Caye.

An 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

Please note that rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

The link above is for the standard beverage package, which is what is included in the all inclusive. However, we have some more on top of that.

Firstly, there is a bottle of water per person per day. This is all delivered at the start of the cruise (so, next year when 3 of us board for our 15 night cruise we will find 45 litres of water waiting for us in our room).

The coffee is specifically just with meals. It is unclear exactly what this covers (i.e. lunch, and places like o'Sheehans or the buffet), but it should certainly cover any after dinner coffees with your evening meal (which I find they rarely charge for anyway). It does not include coffees purchased at the coffee bar.

Drinks in the cabin fridge are not included, as you assumed.

Regular and decaf coffee is available for everyone on the ship for free at meals and all day/night at the buffet

As is hot and iced tea and lemonade and milk, plus juice is available during breakfast and there are a variety of self serve flavored waters at the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

....The coffee is specifically just with meals. It is unclear exactly what this covers (i.e. lunch, and places like o'Sheehans or the buffet), but it should certainly cover any after dinner coffees with your evening meal (which I find they rarely charge for anyway). It does not include coffees purchased at the coffee bar....

I think above is correct. The official statement (on adverts) is:

"Enjoy the perfect ending to your meal with your choice of Lavazza speciality coffees, served with our compliments in all our dining venues."

To me, that implies that you can get the speciality coffee at any time of day, even in the Buffet areas. Just not atrium coffee etc.

Am I correct? :confused:

Regular coffee is free at all times. Specialty coffees are not ever free and not included in the UBP.

We do need to be careful that we specify which country is being referred to... in this case, it's England... UK has very specific regulations for travel as KJ has noted in his post.

The coffee is specifically just with meals. It is unclear exactly what this covers (i.e. lunch, and places like o'Sheehans or the buffet), but it should certainly cover any after dinner coffees with your evening meal (which I find they rarely charge for anyway). It does not include coffees purchased at the coffee bar.

Regular coffee is free at all times. Specialty coffees are not ever free and not included in the UBP.

Speciality coffee IS included in the Premium All Inclusive deal BUT only with meals (not the buffet). This is not the regular coffee available after meals, but the coffee at the bottom of the menu which is usually Lavazza but was actually Starbucks on the Bliss, this is the Latte and Cappucino stuff. The waiter still tried to get us to sign for it the first time we asked for it but was given short shrift by my wife who presented her keycard, which was labelled UBP + C + J, although we never could work out what the J was.

Water is delivered to your cabin beforehand, we found that it was best to ask our steward to empty the fridge of all the alcohol and expensive water, which is not included in any deal, then we re-stocked the fridge with bottled water, we found the cold water tasted much better, it tasted fairly poor otherwise.

The UBP is just as the normal UBP as was listed earlier.

The internet is a new one which we have just noticed and added to our 30 mins Platinum allowance could come in handy on our next cruise as we are taking a slave to the internet with us. We didn't get the internet allowance on the Bliss earlier this year.

Of course all your DSC and gratuities on the UBP are also taken care of.

Speciality coffee IS included in the Premium All Inclusive deal BUT only with meals (not the buffet). This is not the regular coffee available after meals, but the coffee at the bottom of the menu which is usually Lavazza but was actually Starbucks on the Bliss, this is the Latte and Cappucino stuff. The waiter still tried to get us to sign for it the first time we asked for it but was given short shrift by my wife who presented her keycard, which was labelled UBP + C + J, although we never could work out what the J was.

Water is delivered to your cabin beforehand, we found that it was best to ask our steward to empty the fridge of all the alcohol and expensive water, which is not included in any deal, then we re-stocked the fridge with bottled water, we found the cold water tasted much better, it tasted fairly poor otherwise.

The UBP is just as the normal UBP as was listed earlier.

The internet is a new one which we have just noticed and added to our 30 mins Platinum allowance could come in handy on our next cruise as we are taking a slave to the internet with us. We didn't get the internet allowance on the Bliss earlier this year.

Of course all your DSC and gratuities on the UBP are also taken care of.

Juice?

I’d love to have the proper answer to some of these questions. We are supposed to be on our first cruise booked under all inclusive next month, but it looks likely that we will have to cancel, so I won’t have first hand experience until next year.

Unfortunately, many U.K. contributors to this site tend to stop by to ask questions, but don’t report back with their experiences so still, over a year since they introduced all inclusive much is still a mystery to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i booked my last cruise with the all in in germany, but i think it is the same in Europe. I tried last year at the Jade to get fresh orange juice at the garden cafe at breakfast, but it was not inclusive. i went then to the reception and asked them, they said fresh juice is not inclusive. I asked for what the j stands and i think, they didn´t know it. after a little time and talking together they said for the bottle water for every day in the cabin. but makes this sence to print a j at the key card for water in the cabin?

Ok, so (and I am speaking for UK and Ireland bookings here) I emailed Royal and asked what the position is with the speciality coffee with the ultimate beverage package - I am pasting my question and the answer so if there is any room for different interpretations let's discuss.

Question:

Hi, quick question! With the Unlimited BeveragePackage it states: "Enjoy the perfect ending to your meal with yourchoice of Lavazza speciality coffees, served with our compliments in all ourdining venues."

Elsewhere, the same type of message: "Alsoincluded are a wide range of speciality coffees served in all restaurants atmeal times".

Does this mean that speciality coffees are free in theGarden Cafe/Great Outdoors i.e., as per advert, "all our diningvenues" and "in all restaurants"? What does "at mealtimes" mean - any time the buffet is open i.e. breakfast, lunch anddinner?

Answer:

Please kindly note part of your all inclusive promotionis Variety of Lavazza Coffee Beverages which is available in all restaurants at anymeal – excluded are coffee bars, Java

Café & Room Service;

So, my reading of above, and which does seem to be contrary to what BaWBarmy's understanding is, is that the speciality coffee is available anywhere food is served, including buffets, during the standard meal times which is nearly always. It's quite clear that they are saying only exclude coffee bars, Java Café and Room Service. So, it's designed simply to allow you have coffee with food, but not hang around the coffee dock all day drinking cappuccino!

If people think this answer is wrong from their experience, please let me know and I will follow up.

I don't think they serve speciality coffee in the buffet. So you can only get it in the MDRs and Speciality Restaurants. None of which you would go to just for a coffee.

I'm only going on my experience here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't think they serve speciality coffee in the buffet. So you can only get it in the MDRs and Speciality Restaurants. None of which you would go to just for a coffee.

I'm only going on my experience here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That matches my experience too. Just standard free coffee in the buffet.

The slight question is over O'Sheehans, where you could drop by just for a coffee. Given that 'meal times' is such a large part of the day, I doubt they would be too restrictive about when you could get the coffee - but might require you to have some food with it as well.

i booked my last cruise with the all in in germany, but i think it is the same in Europe. I tried last year at the Jade to get fresh orange juice at the garden cafe at breakfast, but it was not inclusive. i went then to the reception and asked them, they said fresh juice is not inclusive. I asked for what the j stands and i think, they didn´t know it. after a little time and talking together they said for the bottle water for every day in the cabin. but makes this sence to print a j at the key card for water in the cabin?

J is for juices and soft drinks, but the offer explicitly excludes fresh squeezed juices.

The FAQ has a list of exclusions:

Guests 21 and older will enjoy spirits, bottled or draft beer, wines by the glass and cocktails of up to US $ 15 per glass as well as light beer, soft drinks and juices. 20% gratuity included. Applicable taxes and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine, champagne and sparkling wine, purchased on board. Does not include: wines by the glass and draft or bottled beer above US $ 15, room service, package sales, bottled water (one litre per person per day for free), ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, fresh squeezed juices, speciality coffees ordered through room service, at bars or at the coffee bar in the Atrium, wine dispenser or vending machines, energy drinks, mini bar, ice bar.

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/all-inclusive

But that what you quote is the ubp or? But at the key is upb + c + j. So juice and soft drinks are inclusive with the ubp and no j is necessary for them. Or i’m wrong? Is in the us with the ubp soft drinks and juicy inclusive ( not fresh) ?

That matches my experience too. Just standard free coffee in the buffet.

The slight question is over O'Sheehans, where you could drop by just for a coffee. Given that 'meal times' is such a large part of the day, I doubt they would be too restrictive about when you could get the coffee - but might require you to have some food with it as well.

Thanks. That makes sense. Hmm, though given they didn't exclude the buffet, I wonder could you order one in the Buffet from the attendants and they would get from the dining room - that could work :cool:

On Sheehans, I don't think so - I saw a menu earlier and it showed the cost for Lavazza, I'd be surprised if they had it free at any time.

On Sheehans, I don't think so - I saw a menu earlier and it showed the cost for Lavazza, I'd be surprised if they had it free at any time.

The Speciality restaurants show prices on the menu for Lavazza too though. Most cruisers won't be Premium All Inclusive, so they publish on the assumption most people will want to assess/know the price.

I've used O'Sheehan's before All Inclusive came on and they didn't actually charge me for the speciality coffee even then, so I suspect it may be included under the offer. I've only been on the Spirit with her tiny Blue Lagoon that couldn't serve speciality coffee though so wasn't able to test it.

I'm on the Jade in a month though so will find out.

Steff79 - My link is to the Premium All Inclusive for UK passengers, which I believe also applies to European cruisers.

The Speciality restaurants show prices on the menu for Lavazza too though. Most cruisers won't be Premium All Inclusive, so they publish on the assumption most people will want to assess/know the price.

I've used O'Sheehan's before All Inclusive came on and they didn't actually charge me for the speciality coffee even then, so I suspect it may be included under the offer. I've only been on the Spirit with her tiny Blue Lagoon that couldn't serve speciality coffee though so wasn't able to test it.

Good stuff thanks.

Steff79 - My link is to the Premium All Inclusive for UK passengers, which I believe also applies to European cruisers.

So I am confused now I am reading this. I have had all-inclusive on NCL before - given as part of the booking perk. In the past I have paid in dollars and had to pay service charges on top (still just about a fairly good deal). This time I have booked I am paying in sterling and have the service charges included. That makes for a very good deal.

What I don't understand from reading the t and cs is about drinks over $15. In the past we have simply paid the excess if we have accidentally ordered something over $15 (that we have not been warned by the waiter has always annoyed me). In the t and cs I have read it is not clear if you have to pay the whole price or the extra above $15. I am interested to find out.

All being well I will find out this coming October. Getting excited, it feels like I am coming home - my 4th Western Med on Epic. I love it.