Bottled water on the Dawn

Oceangirl60

What is the best deal for bottled water on the Dawn? Should I get the soda package or buy a 12 pack for $33.00? I drink a lot of water. Any other suggestions? We brought a case on our last cruise but not they don’t allow it. We have the ultimate beverage package but water is not included.

Might need to do that! Was thinking the ice water would not taste so great.

No one in my extended family has ever had a complaint about it. Tastes much better than my tap water at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ships water is in your food, beverages and ice. It's the same stuff they put in bottles and SELL! You can get ice water at any bar or eating venue...or in your room! It's good...it's water! Drink up!

We bought the 6 bottle pack and just refilled them. It was nice bringing a bottle to the ports and being able to dispose (recycle) them if we didn't want to carry them back on the ship. When we refilled them, there was room in the refrigerator for a few at a time.

I bring a double-walled stainless steel water bottle with me and just refill. The water on the ships is great! I am very picky about the taste of my water and have had ZERO complaints about NCL's water on the two cruises I've been on so far. Save yourself the money and just bring your own water bottle!

Worst case, if you hate the tap water, you can always buy the water bottle package once on board.

The filtered water on board is OK for me ... you find it in any bar or the buffet, and if you ask the room steward to deliver a pitcher of water it will also be filtered. The carbon filtering takes the chlorine taste out of the water.

It tastes a little flat to me compared to our bottled water we drink at home, but it's an acceptable solution. Even so, we often buy a case of water on NCL; remember the price is for 1 liter bottles, not the half-liter you usually buy at home. A 12 pack usually works out OK for us.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Does the water package on board cost the same as buying it on-line? We drink the tap water and bottled water and I'd rather use OBC if the prices are the same.

Thanks!

Tina

Yes the prices are the same so it makes sense to use OBC to buy it. You just fill out the form right when u get into the room and give it to your room steward. He should be able to have it for you when he turns down the room that night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the best deal for bottled water on the Dawn? Should I get the soda package or buy a 12 pack for $33.00? I drink a lot of water. Any other suggestions? We brought a case on our last cruise but not they don’t allow it. We have the ultimate beverage package but water is not included.

Go to any bar and ask for an ice cold cup of water. It is free.

Hello Posters:

I am a retired environmental chemist. Desalinization and Deionization are the two terms used for removing "sea salt"-primarily Sodium and Calcium. Here is a description link that's not too complex

https://www.quora.com/Do-cruise-ships-have-large-scale-desalinization-equipment

From a professional interest, I have yet to have a discussion with a chief engineer on my sailings' installed equipment. (I'm guessing that for the talking is primarily done by the Cruise Directors). I do truly believe cruise ship water meets acceptable standards.

If one does have to watch their "salt" intake, I would suggest check with the Maitre'D for low salt options in the dining hall.

Happy Sailing

Garry

NH Department of Environmental Services -(Retired)

for us, the best solution was to bring on a empty bottle or container and just fill it as the days go on. The ship water is very drinkable and what most people do not realize is, most bottled water is just plain water anyway. The other option is to buy just one bottle on the ship and then continue to re-fill it. I know the price for a 12 package is totally crazy

Hi all,

We sailed the Breakaway in the Baltics in June and brought these Brita refillable filter bottles:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075RSW6K5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wasn't so concerned about filtering the ship's water (though a little extra filtration never hurts), but so that we could refill our bottles in the many countries we were traveling through. Except for Russia where we were advised to only drink bottle water, we just refilled our Brita bottles everywhere. We'd start the day with ship's water and refill at water fountains everywhere. Had no GI issues and saved lots of $$ on not buying bottled water.

Lynne

Is it permissible to take a bottle of water when you go ashore? What if you bring a bottle back to ship? I am not thinking of the commercial bottled water but of a personal bottle that I refill.

Is it permissible to take a bottle of water when you go ashore? What if you bring a bottle back to ship? I am not thinking of the commercial bottled water but of a personal bottle that I refill.

You can bring back an empty reusable bottle or empty disposable bottle.