Rooms 8134 & 8126 on NCL Bliss- Mini Suite with Large Balcony-- Where is the tub???

I booked our Dec 8, 2018 sailing in April 2017.. I booked it on the NCL website. I particularly chose Cabin # 8134 due to the large balcony & the fact that the Stateroom information stated it had a Bathtub with Shower.. This room is identical to Cabin #8126 if you go online & attempt to book either of those two rooms on the NCL site.. Both of them say "Bathtub with Shower" on both of them... I NEED a bathtub !!!!

Well, this week I noticed on Youtube a video for NCL Bliss Cabin # 8126 & was so excited to watch it & when they show the bathroom, it is ONLY a shower.. No tub !!!! I even took snapshots of what the room/rooms have in them when I booked & I checked again this week only for future sailings to see what NCL states the rooms have & both STILL say they have "Bathtub with Shower" on both rooms...

This makes me concerned that my Cabin # 8134 that I have been looking so forward to relaxing in a hot bath at the end of the day, does not have a bathtub...

I emailed NCL on Tuesday with screen shots of both cabin #'s & what their website shows for both rooms to inquire if Cabin # 8134 has a tub.. No reply as of yet....

This is only our second cruise ever, the first was 4 day with Disney Cruise Lines, and the bathrooms/tubs were awesome !!! Great setup in those cabins !!! This is our first 7 day cruise & I was looking so forward to the cabin, large balcony, & tub at the end of the day !!! Yes, I am a huge lover of bathtubs !!!! It helps the circulation in my feet & legs before falling asleep.

Has anyone recently sailed in Cabin # 8134 on NCL Bliss? Is there a bathtub or was I duped by NCL?

Thank you so much !!! First time poster. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

I have no knowledge of the mini suites on Bliss but, the tubs in the mini suites we have cruised in are short and not really suitable for a relaxing soak if you're more than 3 feet tall. They're an ideal size for bathing young children.

If you want a full size tub, you'll need to move to a real suite..............

Thank you. But when you book the mini suite with large balcony directly thru NCL website, it says bathtub with shower specifically in the rooms description.

Makes me very upset, still waiting to here a reply from NCL on the false advertising directly on their own site.

Thank you for the reply, I truly appreciate it.

Just off the phone with NCL reservations supervisor and he contacted the ship directly after I sent him screen shots of when I reserved my room in April 2017 and today with how the accommodations are listed for my mini suite with large balcony which is supposed to have a tub and shower combo and he agreed the accommodations online are reflecting incorrect information and he apologized for their error. It has been incorrect since April 2017!!!

The only way to get a bathtub is to switch to a mini suite on deck 9 and lose the large balcony.

Very misleading advertising by NCL and since this is my first cruise with NCL, I am second guessing my cruise choice.

Edited by Noworkforme23
Spelling error

Just off the phone with NCL reservations supervisor and he contacted the ship directly after I sent him screen shots of when I reserved my room in April 2017 and today with how the accommodations are listed for my mini suite with large balcony which is supposed to have a tub and shower combo and he agreed the accommodations online are reflecting incorrect information and he apologized for their error. It has been incorrect since April 2017!!!

The only way to get a bathtub is to switch to a mini suite on deck 9 and lose the large balcony.

Very misleading advertising by NCL and since this is my first cruise with NCL, I am second guessing my cruise choice.

I don’t blame the OP for being upset. While a bathtub may not be important to the rest of us it obviously is to him or her. If that is what they are advertising then it should be what they get.

I don’t blame the OP for being upset. While a bathtub may not be important to the rest of us it obviously is to him or her. If that is what they are advertising then it should be what they get.

I don't blame her for being upset either although I have to say this is not the first, nor will it be the last, error on NCL's website.

If she opts to change cabins to have the tub, I hope she's not too disappointed by it's size.............

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, it is important to my family and it is why we booked it. I have a circulation issue in my feet/legs and it calms the nerves to soak in a hot bathtub before bed. We have decided to stay with the large balcony because my son is looking forward to it.

Thank again for the kind words.

The reservation supervisor first called me and assured me that it HAD a bathtub on Monday, but he wanted to contact the ship direct to confirm. That is when he called me back on Tuesday and said it is inaccurate on their website and only deck 9 has remaining mini suites with bathtubs, minus the large balcony. He seemed shocked the website was stating it did because many families need a tub for small children or other issues.

I don't blame her for being upset either although I have to say this is not the first, nor will it be the last, error on NCL's website.

If she opts to change cabins to have the tub, I hope she's not too disappointed by it's size.............

Here is one that will really burn you up. On the NCL website for the OS w/ 2 balconies on the Dawn it still shows that the OS includes a DVD player and a computer w/ printer. Ever since the refurb (2yrs ago) there is neither. On-demand movies only. Who would even stay in an OS with no DVD player and no computer w/ printer included??;p

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, it is important to my family and it is why we booked it. I have a circulation issue in my feet/legs and it calms the nerves to soak in a hot bathtub before bed. We have decided to stay with the large balcony because my son is looking forward to it.

Thank again for the kind words.

The reservation supervisor first called me and assured me that it HAD a bathtub on Monday, but he wanted to contact the ship direct to confirm. That is when he called me back on Tuesday and said it is inaccurate on their website and only deck 9 has remaining mini suites with bathtubs, minus the large balcony. He seemed shocked the website was stating it did because many families need a tub for small children or other issues.

If you won't be switching to a room with a tub, I highly recommend getting a thermal suite pass for the cruise. You can go in the hot tub, steam room, or sauna until it closes (10 pm probably) and use the awesome heated tile loungers also. I have a circulatory disease myself (Raynaud's syndrome) and I will never cruise again without a thermal suite pass.

If you won't be switching to a room with a tub, I highly recommend getting a thermal suite pass for the cruise. You can go in the hot tub, steam room, or sauna until it closes (10 pm probably) and use the awesome heated tile loungers also. I have a circulatory disease myself (Raynaud's syndrome) and I will never cruise again without a thermal suite pass.

Very good advice! I'm a big fan of the Thermal Spa. Won't sail without a Spa pass, especially the newer/bigger NCL ships. This may solve your problem.

Thank you!! I will definitely be trying to get one of those for this cruise, just hoping they do not sell out too fast.

I believe you can purchase them online.
And if for some reason they do not show up online (they didn't for my Escape cruise earlier this year), call NCL before your cruise to book. It will be cheaper and you will know ahead of time that you have the pass.