Falklands Battlefields tour - Falklands War

zitsky

Has anyone done this? Nothing comes up on a search in the forum. Maybe it's a new excursion or there is not much interest. I would be interested to hear something about the Falkland's war. Maybe I'll pick up a book before the trip.

This trip is only 2.5 hours and there are no bathroom facilities. Might be a problem for some people.

Has anyone done this? Nothing comes up on a search in the forum. Maybe it's a new excursion or there is not much interest. I would be interested to hear something about the Falkland's war. Maybe I'll pick up a book before the trip.

This trip is only 2.5 hours and there are no bathroom facilities. Might be a problem for some people.

Keep in mind that statistically ships make Port Stanley about 50% of the time. I’m still hopeful to make it there, having passed it and waved before. So don’t book anything non refundable :-)

I think most people are in it for the penguin colony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done it and it was enjoyable as we had a guide who was in the area while the war was happening. Short but full of information. Make sure you toilet before the tour!!!

Leave the bus as soon as you get back to Stanley and walk the length of the main street.

If you collect coins or want a set of Falkland's coins for yourself or someone else go into the bank. When we were there they had new coins bagged ready for sale. You can pay for them with UK currency!!

If you are a stamp collector the Post Office has sets for sale.

It was a good tour, we booked through NCL The museum was very interesting too. Not sure about the fish and chips in the pub, no draught beer either. Not a whole lot to do on the island, but very well worth the trip.

We were on the Voluteer Point (penguin) excursion...the road trip to get there passed the rusty remnants of a helicopter and a gun bunker. The bunker just looked like a pile of rocks.

The falklands are very, very, very rocky.

One couple in our group took the War tour...they seemed satisfied, but seemed to have little enthusiasm for telling the rest of us about it.