Latitudes for children

Takoyaki

NCLs site says " Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age."

does anyone have any experience with how far back this goes? It is a long way off (almost 17 years) from that point but my wife and I were joking about our daughter being platinum by the time she could book a cruise on her own. I saw her points listed as "child" or something of the sort.

Just curious, and thought someone here may have experience with this.

First thing is to make sure that the same customer number is used on each booking. If not then you will almost certainly have trouble getting the point recognised.

There have been various discussions on here about this. People seem to have had mixed results, with some people getting their kids points recognised without any trouble and others who are still chasing them.

I think that the biggest issue you are likely to have is the rules changing again in the next 17 years. There are going to be a lot of 18 year old platinums coming up (our 13 year old would be platinum plus after his next cruise). It wouldn’t surprise me if they change the rules to exclude those points at some point in the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing is to make sure that the same customer number is used on each booking. If not then you will almost certainly have trouble getting the point recognised.

There have been various discussions on here about this. People seem to have had mixed results, with some people getting their kids points recognised without any trouble and others who are still chasing them.

I think that the biggest issue you are likely to have is the rules changing again in the next 17 years. There are going to be a lot of 18 year old platinums coming up (our 13 year old would be platinum plus after his next cruise). It wouldn’t surprise me if they change the rules to exclude those points at some point in the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes a lot of sense, and I knew asking about almost 2 decades in the future would be iffy haha.

We use her latitudes # when booking for her so it should all show up under there.

I could see from a business stand point it being an issue especially since she usually barely costs anything, so far at least.

No personal experience, but I have seen this question on pop-up on the boards, and other cruisers have affirmed that their kids accrued latitudes points from toddler through to adult.

thanks for the reply! I was having a hard time wording that search.

It would be pretty cool for a kid to instantly be platinum when they reach that age. although at this rate maybe platinum plus :P

My now 19 yr old is gold, we started cruising when he was 10. He's mad at us though, because now that he's in college, he doesn't get to go on the cruise in November, so his younger brother is going to be Platinum-LOL!

I would recommend that you call NCL and get their Latitudes # and make sure every time you book, that number is applied to their name. Our kids had multiple accounts that I had to consolidate into one for each. Now I keep their numbers with our records for booking times.

We've had mixed results and to add, don't trust the Latitudes Dept. with anything and document everything, though that may not even help.

Our kids have things dating back to 2006. Our DD turned Platinum after taking her recent trip although she should have turned Platinum in early 2017 under the old plan.

Their site did allow you to login to their account after a certain age like 15 and you could see history although it did show their status as "Child".

Watch their number on bookings. For DW and I, it seems every time we do a booking they change our number although our status and history carry to the new number.

Other posters are right about making sure your booking is correct every time and check your latitudes account for credit after every cruise. Last booking they found contact info for me that was different than the record that was used on our prior cruises! I got it corrected.

My daughter turned 18 before our last cruise and she got credit for the prior 2 cruises automatically when I activated her own Latitudes account. That's only 3 years back tho.

Other posters are right about making sure your booking is correct every time and check your latitudes account for credit after every cruise. Last booking they found contact info for me that was different than the record that was used on our prior cruises! I got it corrected.

My daughter turned 18 before our last cruise and she got credit for the prior 2 cruises automatically when I activated her own Latitudes account. That's only 3 years back tho.

We made sure to provide her latitudes # when booking, but I do intend on keeping an eye on it and making sure all is right every step of the way

thanks everyone!

For any of you who have kids under 18 but over 15 when you can sign them into Latitudes, was their cruise history showing up? I thought it did for our DD but I just signed son up as he is just over 15 and it says "no cruise history".