Golden Princess in Dry Dock - March / April 2018

After spending a long summer down-under the Golden Princess is currently in dry dock in Singapore having some work done to her and fixing her generator and getting her new Sea Witch art work put on her bow.

Golden Princess went in to dry dock on 30th March 2018.

golden_bridge31032018.jpg

golden_bridge03042018.jpg

golden_bridge04042018.jpg

golden_bridge0404201802.jpg

You can see in the above webcam captures they are working on her MUTS screen as well.

I am really disappointed that Princess plans to send that ship to P&O Australia in 2020. As far as I am concerned they should get rid of the Sun and Sea Princess before they even consider getting rid of the Golden Princess. It still has so much to offer Princess in terms of quality and what it can do.

It will be interesting to see if the upgraded internet service is provisioned with the installation of *****. Not that I can see myself paying for internet whilst at sea but I am sure there are plenty that will.

In terms of the golden leaving and going to P&O , as mentioned that is slated for the year after. They may change their minds as has happened previously with ships moving between the carnival corporations' stable of cruise lines.

One thought could be seeing how loyal people are sailing on the Golden and increasing the take up of full priced fare, for the next couple of seasons.

It would be nice to her have her stay with Princess.....

But a change is as good as a holiday.

Cheers Don time to get the G&T

I see on the Singapore web cam, the MUTS screen is being worked on. Perhaps they are taking the MUTS screen out? Good if they are, I hate that MUTS on Princess, noise blaring, day and night. :evilsmile:

When we were on the golden in Feb this year the screen on the MUTS was playing up, so I say it's being repaired.

And hopefully the couple of the draws in our cabin which need repair as well, as we are in the same cabin in November.

Cheers Don

I hope they get around to many of the little jobs as well as the big ones.

I hope they get around to many of the little jobs as well as the big ones.

Probably servicing the popcorn making machine for the pax watching that pesky MUTS !!!:evilsmile:

So first cruise out of dry dock is 14th April, so will have to wait a couple of weeks to get some feed back of what was done.

By the deck plans they are changing the classification of some forward cabins on deck 8 from OF to OZ thus removing the OF class cabin ( these cabin over look the forward promenade )

It would be nice to replace the deck carpet on deck 15, also the seat fabric in the built in seats at sabatini's. and fix the aft lifts to say "lido deck 14" ( quite often it would say deck 17 or 12 or 7 instead)

cheers Don

• 5 months later...