Icelandair "small personal item" weight limits?

StLouisCruisers

We are taking a few flights on Icelandair and I have studied their baggage rules. However, after describing the size and weight limit of the carry on bag, they state you are allowed a "small personal item" such as a purse or laptop bag. They give size limits on the item but don't state a weight limit. Does anyone know if they care what the weight of your purse is? I know they are strict about other bag weights but not sure of this one. My purse will have some heavy personal items and I don't want any problems at the check in counter.

No info regarding small personal item. Just 10 kg or 22 pounds for carry on bag. Maybe they assume a personal item will not weigh much.

Maybe so.

Here is a quote from their website and it does not mention weight. They do give specific sizes of both carry on items in another section.

1 bag up to 22 lbs (10kg) in addition to one small personal item (e.g. a small handbag or laptop bag).

So I guess I'll find out tomorrow afternoon.:)

Last summer, I never saw them weighing purses or hand bags. If one had a roller, it went on the scales. There were also some with easily visible oversized backpacks that got to pay to have them checked at the gate, along with some of those with rollers.

If memory serves me, if they were overweight or oversized they went down below. One couldn’t pay the fee and keep the bag. Be careful what you stuff into those bags!

I was checking air prices for them yesterday. They looked good except in fine print it said $100 for checked bag. Is this true for an international flight? If I’m paying for a checked bag I need to stick with other airlines.

I was checking air prices for them yesterday. They looked good except in fine print it said $100 for checked bag. Is this true for an international flight? If I’m paying for a checked bag I need to stick with other airlines.

• 1 month later...

We don't pay a fee for a checked bag. There might be several economy fares so check a different fare category.

Also, we never had a carry on bag, or handbag or backpack weighed at any time while on Icelandair. I don't know why they stress the weight so much on the website if they aren't going to weigh or measure anything.