Help, our cabin has been changed

Cruising95

Does MSC do this often, move people if currently there are less booked than the room holds? I’ ve never heard of this practice and would be really upset if this is the case. I sometimes travel solo, so that means I could be moved at any time? I keep looking into MSC but the entertainment is what scares me. All the good reviews are from YC, so I think if I tried it, I would have to go YC.

why only MSC ALL cruise lines do it.

Hello, I’m still fairly new to cruising ( been on p and o Britannia and royal Caribbean independence of the seas) and myself and my girlfriend booked a cruise on msc Preziosa (first time with msc) a few months back for May 2019 through cruise 1st - there was only a few cabin left to choose from - 3 to be exact - 2 of which were obstructed view and the one we chose - cabin 10192 which wasn’t an obstructed balcony - we specifically said no upgrades as we were happy with this room, we like slightly higher decks and towards mid ship - to our confusion we went online to our booking on msc today and for some reason, we have been moved to cabin 8128 - we don’t know why this has happened as we have done some digging and this being a lower deck, has the lifeboats on, it’s not classed as obstructed however is most definitely in the eyeline which we aren’t happy about - does anyone have any idea why this has been done? Or where we would start with having it changed?

I typically cruise on Norwegian and they have different categories for the same cabin. If you book what they now call a “sail away” cabin (use to be called a “guaranteed” cabin, (these usually come with a better rate) they will often move you within the same category or to a higher category, you typically will pay a higher rate to pick your exact room and not lose it. I have NEVER had a room changed by Norwegian when I booked s specific room. I hope that was helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regardless than the less than satisfactory view, you were moved to a much better cabin. Your previous cabin is one of the small balcony cabins with no interior seating but the stool at the desk. And a smaller balcony. Your new cabin does not have a couch, but does have an easy chair. It is one of those that has a tub/shower, instead of a shower only.

This is what your original cabin was like:

enhance

enhance

enhance

This is what your new cabin looks like:

enhance

enhance

Balcony for size comparison:

enhance

Where do you find such good pics. I guess I choose cabins no reviews lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Hello, I’m still fairly new to cruising ( been on p and o Britannia and royal Caribbean independence of the seas) and myself and my girlfriend booked a cruise on msc Preziosa (first time with msc) a few months back for May 2019 through cruise 1st - there was only a few cabin left to choose from - 3 to be exact - 2 of which were obstructed view and the one we chose - cabin 10192 which wasn’t an obstructed balcony - we specifically said no upgrades as we were happy with this room, we like slightly higher decks and towards mid ship - to our confusion we went online to our booking on msc today and for some reason, we have been moved to cabin 8128 - we don’t know why this has happened as we have done some digging and this being a lower deck, has the lifeboats on, it’s not classed as obstructed however is most definitely in the eyeline which we aren’t happy about - does anyone have any idea why this has been done? Or where we would start with having it changed?
I would get on MSC's website & check the categories for Both cabins in question. You can usually tell the different categories by the color chart. If in fact you can't see this on MSC, go to *************.com & look up under Ships & find the MSC Preziosa. Look under deck plans for that ship.

Generally, balcony cabins on the life boat decks are Not priced as high as balconies with Unobstructed views. It should Say whether cabin 8128 has an obstructed view. If it does, you have a LEGITIMATE beef! You paid for a balcony on an unobstructed deck! If by chance cabin 8128 & cabin 10192 are in the same category & cabin 8128 doesn't say obstructed, well, you can still call MSC at Guest Resolutions, or whatever they call that dept & voice your dissatisfaction! Tell them you're an experienced cruiser trying MSC for the first time & if this is the way they're going to treat you, you won't bother with them again! Ask for a supervisor, don't deal with the first person who answers the phone! They are First Level people who can do little more than book you a cruise. What you need is probably a Third Level person. They might offer to change your cabin and/or give you on board credit!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

To each his or her own, of course, but why not just grab a seat near the back so you can leave unnoticed if you don't like the entertainment? At least then you can say you've seen it for yourself before making a judgement. I've sailed with both Norwegian and MSC (each more than once), and I can assure you MSC's entertainment is spectacular. Among other things, it's one of the major selling points for the line. That said, many Americans don't enjoy it because it's not the safe, standard Las Vegas- / Broadway-style entertainment they're used to. But that's what you get on ships that cater to people who speak multiple languages.

I know it is not on topic of the original question but I find this comment very illuminating but also raises more questions. Entertainment was a big question for me on the decision to book a first MSC cruise. What makes it less safe? Is it more artistic/quirky maybe more off-broadway and less Vegas? With NCL you get basically one big show. If you have already seen the Broadway version or it isn't appropriate for kids you almost want to avoid that ship. The multiple shorter shows approach sounds likes it has advantages.

I don't think you can really watch youtube and get a good idea. Personally I think Cirque du Soleil looks boring on video but is very impressive in person.