question about complimentary drinks

C cruise

It says -

DRINKS ON USComplimentary selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Enjoy a selection of bottled and draft beers, wines by the glass, house brands of vodka, rum, gin, whiskey, and non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of your cruise. Kids’ equivalent package includes complimentary unlimited soda bottled fruit juice and bottled water. Restrictions apply.

So what are the restrictions?

It says -

DRINKS ON USComplimentary selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Enjoy a selection of bottled and draft beers, wines by the glass, house brands of vodka, rum, gin, whiskey, and non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of your cruise. Kids’ equivalent package includes complimentary unlimited soda bottled fruit juice and bottled water. Restrictions apply.

So what are the restrictions?

It's right on there web site.

I'm confused. When I booked our cruise last week for Oct 2019, the rep told me that the Drinks-on-us is going to be the same as the classic package. However, when I look at the list, they are 2 separate categories.

I'm confused. When I booked our cruise last week for Oct 2019, the rep told me that the Drinks-on-us is going to be the same as the classic package. However, when I look at the list, they are 2 separate categories.

They are 2 completely different packages; the rep appears to be uninformed.

Thanks for the info. Under the 12 free drinks, do we still get charged the 15% service fee or that included? Also, is there a difference in the pricing if we switch over from the 12 free drinks to Drinks on us package. Just wondering if it is worth the difference to transfer over.

Jay

Thanks for the info. Under the 12 free drinks, do we still get charged the 15% service fee or that included? Also, is there a difference in the pricing if we switch over from the 12 free drinks to Drinks on us package. Just wondering if it is worth the difference to transfer over.

Jay

Not sure who your post is directed at, Jay, but I'll answer as best I can.

I don't know much about the 12 drinks vouchers, but I don't think there is a 15% service charge incurred when using them. I also don't think that you can choose to switch from the vouchers to the 'Drinks on Us' package - you'll receive whichever MSC has included in your booking. You can't upgrade from the vouchers - well, you can purchase a drinks package (though not the 'Drinks on Us' one) but you won't be able to offset any value from the vouchers as they don't have any monetary value.

It's very confusing and the Beverage Comparison sheet doesn't show the Drinks on Us program. We just upgraded to the Deluxe program for $ 26 per day (7 days) per person because: my husband likes better wines that the 2 red/2 white choices would probably include. And I like the silly frothy umbrella drinks when on a cruise. And I like fancy coffee occasionally. And we like Gelato and that chocolate bar looks cool.

And, it doesn't seem so bad when you realize the $ 26 includes tips whereas the Drinks program you'll get charged 15% each time. Maybe you wouldn't have to sign each time, but if you did I'd go crazy.

And we're on vacation.

It's very confusing and the Beverage Comparison sheet doesn't show the Drinks on Us program. We just upgraded to the Deluxe program for $ 26 per day (7 days) per person because: my husband likes better wines that the 2 red/2 white choices would probably include. And I like the silly frothy umbrella drinks when on a cruise. And I like fancy coffee occasionally. And we like Gelato and that chocolate bar looks cool.

And, it doesn't seem so bad when you realize the $ 26 includes tips whereas the Drinks program you'll get charged 15% each time. Maybe you wouldn't have to sign each time, but if you did I'd go crazy.

And we're on vacation.

You're still required to sign when you have a drinks package, we always have anyway but the receipt has a zero balance though.