Confused

susan1957

I HAD almost had my mind made up...I was going to try MSC...I sat up late last night and read and watched reviews of the Seaside...OH BOY...they are not good at all...now I'm disappointed....Just curious....who would put a pool on a ship that you can't stand up in....this was one of the deal breakers for me....among other things....so disappointing

I HAD almost had my mind made up...I was going to try MSC...I sat up late last night and read and watched reviews of the Seaside...OH BOY...they are not good at all...now I'm disappointed....Just curious....who would put a pool on a ship that you can't stand up in....this was one of the deal breakers for me....among other things....so disappointing

We sailed on Seaside in Apr and were also concerned about the bad reviews which to be honest most of us focus on when researching cruises/cruise lines. We decided to go anyway and most of the bad reviews that we read were either fixed or much improved. Your point about the pool is valid but for us was not that big of a deal. We have sailed RCL and Carnival and the value that we received from MSC and Seaside was far superior to the other lines. The food was great, the entertainment was outstanding, the ship stunning and the price we paid simply couldn't be beat. My recommendation is to give it a try especially at the prices they have now. Good luck with the search.

Thank you so much for your reply. The other things I was concerned about was the Entertainment. It appears they cater to OPERA...for almost all of the evening shows...also people have said the buffet food is very repetitive and lacked variety....not sure if either of these have been fixed.

Thank you so much for your reply. The other things I was concerned about was the Entertainment. It appears they cater to OPERA...for almost all of the evening shows...also people have said the buffet food is very repetitive and lacked variety....not sure if either of these have been fixed.
They don't perform Opera - but they may have one or two trained singers that at sing something well know such as Nessum Dorma. Other than that it will be pop or some show tunes. Believe it or not though there are some mainstream people that appreciate Opera, it's not something that needs to be 'fixed.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies...just curious....didn't the Seaside just start sailing in Dec. 2017...so personally myself...I wouldn't call the reviews OLD! Seemed there was a lot of room for improvement...when looking at any of the reviews on youtube, it appears the pool is pretty much empty! I would think that has just a tad to do with the fact that if you want to use the pool, you will either have to tread water, or hang onto the side??? But to each their own... if you enjoy that...that's ok....I believe that "FOOD" can and is a big part of cruising for a lot of people....and again...how much has the negative reviews changed in this area in the last 6 months....I hope they have ironed out some of the issues...I will keep reading the reviews and maybe change my mind ....

I like swimming in the pools and don't mind swimming out of my depth. I was on the Seaside this March. I liked it a lot. I also enjoyed the food in both the MDR and the Buffet.

With the Seaside they have a large Wet play area for kids so probably feel they don't need to make the rest of the pools shallow.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many ships are going with deep pools and just doing a shallow one in the kids area. That way, adults dont' stand around all day in the pool drinking. People get in, cool off and then get out. The pools stays looking inviting and not like Grand Central Station.

Sounds like Jim Zim’s review. Many have commented that most of the things he doesn’t like have been addressed. I thought his complaint about the buffet at dinner being poor was odd but then I would never choose to eat at the buffet for dinner. I read another review by deb (search going places with deb for her blog) and she addressed this by explaining that for Italians, dinner is a family gathering meant to be leisurely and not rushed so the buffet isn’t their top priority.

My wife and I were on the fence also but decided to take a chance with MSC. The price was very attractive and they matched our NCL latitudes rewards.... what more can you ask for. On top of that we received a military appreciation discount because of my time in the service! We are looking forward to trying MSC!

When are people going to stop believing OLD reviews ? ... :confused:

It seems the OP is just searching for reasons NOT to cruise with MSC. She is a 10-times Carnival regular and digging through old reviews of MSC ships. She has not responded to any of the numerous answers in a positive way but instead opening new threads criticising. If she wants to cruise “Carnival-style” there is only one option... ;)

SirWolf I was just going to post similar, the OP likes Carnival and needs to stay with Carnival to get that experience. Susan you've found there are too many negatives which mean you will have a fixed view of not enjoying MCS, book with Carnival so you know you'll have a trip you enjoy.

It seems the OP is just searching for reasons NOT to cruise with MSC. She is a 10-times Carnival regular and digging through old reviews of MSC ships. She has not responded to any of the numerous answers in a positive way but instead opening new threads criticising. If she wants to cruise “Carnival-style” there is only one option... ;)

I agree with you

We had 20 Carnival and 17 other cruises under our belt before we tried our first MSC cruise. Was their some differences, Absolutely, But we had a very nice experience with MSC, so much so we booked our next cruise with them.

I think so many people go on cruises with a pre set notion and cannot be open minded enough to enjoy the difference.

It seems to me you have already made up your mind that MSC is not for you so why bother posting? if you are already disappointed with MSC and you have not even sailed with them yet I would say dont bother

Myself I love MSC :):):):) , even after reading bad/ negative reviews I decided what others found a negative were things I wouldnt have a problem with , such as deep pools , pools are for swimming in !!!!!!!

I found on my MSC cruisers that the loudest complainers were usually Carnival cruisers on their first MSC cruise and -GASP!- MSC was just like Carnival (and so many of us are glad it's not.

Complaints about the narrow selection of food on the buffet can be put down to the fear of trying the huge selection of international food available and looking for the limited diet of hamburgers/French Fries/ Pizza Hut Pizza (which you will not find on MSC - it has great pizza).

Just realized that this is the same OP that started a very similar thread. I agree with the above posters. Please don't try MSC. I don't want to be the one standing next to you on one of the MSC cruises we have booked and listening to you complain. Really, it happens. You belong on Carnival.

Opera shows were on the Seaside originally, but they were changed quickly. If you are looking not to cruise on ANY line, I'm sure you can find something, but for reviews, how about looking at the past 6 mos. One more thing: 2017 on this ship is a very old review.

I booked an MSC cruise the other day for next year. For us the deep pools are a huge plus. On other lines, we never even get in the pool due to the people hanging around drinking and making the pools so crowded. It will be nice to actually be able to swim in the pool! :cool:

They don't perform Opera - but they may have one or two trained singers that at sing something well know such as Nessum Dorma. Other than that it will be pop or some show tunes. Believe it or not though there are some mainstream people that appreciate Opera, it's not something that needs to be 'fixed.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

I am a Texan who listens to country and classic rock/pop but I love the occasional Opera or classical music concert. I love Nessun Dorma. In fact, I bought a Pavarotti CD once and loaded it to my music list. I loved hearing MSC Seaside had opera. I was disappointed to hear it was way scaled back.

On vacation I love exposing myself to different customs and cultures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like Jim Zim’s review. Many have commented that most of the things he doesn’t like have been addressed. I thought his complaint about the buffet at dinner being poor was odd but then I would never choose to eat at the buffet for dinner. I read another review by deb (search going places with deb for her blog) and she addressed this by explaining that for Italians, dinner is a family gathering meant to be leisurely and not rushed so the buffet isn’t their top priority.

Agree, sounds like his review. Most of the things he complained about have been fixed or were not problems to many others. For example, he derided the pizza [emoji487]... to most that is one of the best things MSC puts out!

As to entertainment the singers are classically trained, but the shows are not opera and are wonderful. Though there are a few songs from phantom of the opera... which is a musical (broadway style) and not an opera.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm...Actually SirWolf....I didn't spend my time digging through old reviews of MSC ships. I only dug for reviews of the ship I was interested in! Which was the Seaside. And yes...I am a 10-times Carnival regular...Thank you for reminding me of that...I am always looking to try new things ...but when the same complaint is repeated in a number of reviews...that doesn't say they have addressed the issues....have a great day!

MSc has beautiful ships and great production shows nightly. They are a bit repetitive, but still aren’t the same. Somewhat “opera” show is interesting two.

The only downside for us and this is in comparison to nicer lines than Carnival was a food. We found it’s a bit lacking, but aside from Carnival’s more wider fast food offerings we find it lacking on Carnival too.