Opinions Anyone?

ibrinn

We are booked on MSC Seaside 02/09/19 in a Grand Suite with the Aurea experience. We have prepaid the service charge and upgraded the drink package to deluxe. We paid just over $4000.00 for both of us.

I check our booking periodically to see if the YC comes available.

I checked yesterday and was shocked to find that the cost of our cruise had more than doubled!

The cruise the following week has also doubled.

The week of the 23rd is back down to what I would consider "normal pricing"

Does anyone know if this is normal practice for MSC or is it another website glitch?

If this is not an error, will they honour the price we booked or could they bump the price of our cruise? Our final payment isn't due till November and I hesitate to complete full payment before then.

Any opinions or experience would be helpful.

We are booked on MSC Seaside 02/09/19 in a Grand Suite with the Aurea experience. We have prepaid the service charge and upgraded the drink package to deluxe. We paid just over $4000.00 for both of us.

I check our booking periodically to see if the YC comes available.

I checked yesterday and was shocked to find that the cost of our cruise had more than doubled!

Does anyone know if this is normal practice for MSC or is it another website glitch?

If this is not an error, will they honour the price we booked or could they bump the price of our cruise? Our final payment isn't due till November and I hesitate to complete full payment before then.

I think with MSC it means your category is sold out so they are only showing a more expensive category at least that is my impression after spending many hours on the website trying to book a room for 5. It could also be a website glitch. It is shocking how bad the website is.

I definitely don't think you need to rush your final payment I have never heard of a cruise-line trying to increase the price after you already booked. With the exception of fuel surcharges back in the day.

MSC will not increase the price of your booking even if prices for comparable cabins are going up. The price for your cruise (MSC Seaside / 02-09-2019 / Grand Suite / 2 passengers) was listed for $4,180.94 this morning on the website of MSC USA.

The website will sometimes show the "Brochure Rate" by default ($4,198pp for your week) instead of the promotional rate ($1,798pp for your week). If someone is not careful, they will pay the higher rate.

There is a tab under "Continue to Select Stateroom" that says "Available Promotions" that will show different rates depending on what is highlighted. If "2 for 1" or "Drinks on Us" (for ex.) is highlighted, the lower rate will show. If "Brochure Rate" is highlighted, the higher rate will show.

The rate that you booked will be what you will pay.