Buying Rum & Authentic Cigars in Havana?

stones902

Looking for recommendations to suggestions where I can pick up some Havana Club rum and authentic Cuban rolled cigars within easy walking distance of the ship when docked in Havana.

Like other ports, I've heard that cigars are often faked in Havana. I don't mind paying as long as I'm buying the real deal (Montecristo, Cohiba, etc)

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Here's one recent thread that dealt with cigars:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2491544

Here's a price list, although in April at the "official" Partagas store behind the Capitolio, the prices for the ones I bought were a bit cheaper actually:

http://yulcigars.blogspot.ca

You'll be asked on the street everywhere in Havana Vieja if you want to buy cigars--"good deal"". You don't have any way to know what you're getting.

Edited by VidaNaPraia

Here's one recent thread that dealt with cigars:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2491544

Here's a price list, although in April at the "official" Partagas store behind the Capitolio, the prices for the ones I bought were a bit cheaper actually:

http://yulcigars.blogspot.ca

You'll be asked on the street everywhere in Havana Vieja if you want to buy cigars--"good deal"". You don't have any way to know what you're getting.

Thanks! That's just the info I was seeking.

If you are buying Havana Club, a convenient location in Havana is Museo del Ron Havana Club, which is a couple of blocks south of the cruise terminal along the street that faces the waterfront. You enter the Museo bar, walk through it and then the store is on the left. There are, of course, other places, but this was convenient to the ship and worked for me.

If you are buying Havana Club, a convenient location in Havana is Museo del Ron Havana Club, which is a couple of blocks south of the cruise terminal along the street that faces the waterfront. You enter the Museo bar, walk through it and then the store is on the left. There are, of course, other places, but this was convenient to the ship and worked for me.

Definitely want to pick up a couple of bottles of the "real deal" Havana Club!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They also have Havana Club and Santiago de Cuba rum and others in the store at the cruise ship terminal. Near the money exchange.

Art

Don't wait until right before you about to reboard the ship. The lines her can be long and the cashier may be slow. It took about 30 minutes in line here when we were buying our rum 5/31/17.

Don't wait until right before you about to reboard the ship. The lines her can be long and the cashier may be slow. It took about 30 minutes in line here when we were buying our rum 5/31/17.

That's why I bought the rum the first time returning to the ship.

The second day, I had some left over Cuban CUCs... And there were these Cuba ballcaps calling my name... I waited in line about 45 minutes.:D

Art

• 1 year later...

Try the Legendario Elixir 7 Años ( very appreciated by the females) or the Ritual Cubano.

Also the Caney 7 años is a good Rum.

Havana Club is just a commercial brand...and is ok to prepare cocktails.

The only one which is worth to buy to drink it alone...is the Selecion Maestro.

Try the Legendario Elixir 7 Años ( very appreciated by the females) or the Ritual Cubano.

Also the Caney 7 años is a good Rum.

Havana Club is just a commercial brand...and is ok to prepare cocktails.

The only one which is worth to buy to drink it alone...is the Selecion (sic) Maestro.

That is a matter of opinion. The 7 year old Havana Club is a decent rum for sipping. I have seen it rated above the Maestro in some instances. The 3 year old blanco belongs in a glass with Coca-Cola.

That is a matter of opinion. The 7 year old Havana Club is a decent rum for sipping. I have seen it rated above the Maestro in some instances. The 3 year old blanco belongs in a glass with Coca-Cola.

The 7-year-old Havana Club is fantastic. Best I’ve ever had.

All alcohol purchase at ports of call is confiscated upon boarding the ship and returned to you last night of the cruise.

None of ours was, we walked on with it and stored it in our stateroom.

We could have drank it but just saved it for home.

I agree, but the Maestro was too expensive for my wallet.

None of ours was, we walked on with it and stored it in our stateroom.

We could have drank it but just saved it for home.

Same here. We took our alcohol right to the stateroom. That may have been because it was an all-inclusive cruise.