Struggling with Nassau- advice needed

klmigut

Hi all- We will be visiting Nassau on the Oasis next Monday. I am struggling with what to do that day. I have been before many years ago and stayed at Atlantis so I am somewhat familiar. I am traveling with my boyfriend who has never been before. We were considering just a relaxing beach day but from the sounds of it the day passes to the local resorts/good beaches ( $100 ish) are pretty expensive. The private island excursion from Royal Caribbean seem expensive to me for what you get. Any great deals to be had for resort day passes? Any excursions ( snorkel, beach etc) that can be booked direct?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Kim

Edited by klmigut

I have seen Atlantis offers discounts up to 50% off for walk ups, if they are having a slow day. You could catch the water taxi over, walk around what is accessible for free and see if they have any discounts worth taking advantage of. There are no guarantees on discounts being offered, but if you happen to be the only ship in port, it might be worth a trip over to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with the suggestion of Melia. It’s a much cheaper beach day. The con is that food and drink aren’t included, but honestly with that price, I wouldn’t expect it to be. I enjoyed the resort, the beach area was beautiful. I recommended Bahamian Cookin for a good bite to eat (not open on Sunday’s) and the Daq Shack across from Melia was nice. We took the #10 jitney, it’s an interesting ride that takes you a bit off the tourist path (I never felt unsafe).

Agree with the suggestion of Melia. It’s a much cheaper beach day. The con is that food and drink aren’t included, but honestly with that price, I wouldn’t expect it to be. I enjoyed the resort, the beach area was beautiful. I recommended Bahamian Cookin for a good bite to eat (not open on Sunday’s) and the Daq Shack across from Melia was nice. We took the #10 jitney, it’s an interesting ride that takes you a bit off the tourist path (I never felt unsafe).

Did you get the jitney #10 right near McDonalds and how much did it cost in US$?

Somewhere between $1.25 and $1.75. I am not certain of the cost because I thought it was one price, but it was posted in the bus as another, lower price. I had brought what I thought was exact change and just handed that over. We walked around a bit before catching the jitney on a side street.

Melia seems like a great option, thanks! Close to port and affordable, since we'll be a group of 6. We don't dock in Nassau until 1pm though- will have to check on time range for the day pass!