Robinson Speed Boat Tours to Anguilla

CruisingTheWaves

Has anyone done the Robinson Speed Boat Tour to Anguilla at this link?

http://boat-charter-anguilla.com/anguilla-tours-about.html

If you click on the "Where does it start from?" tab, it specifically mentions cruise ship passengers, so they are offering this tour if you come in by ship. I've seen great reviews for this company on TripAdvisor, but I didn't notice any specific for the tour to Anguilla since they offer tours around St. Maarten (no interest, we've done this).

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to take the trip specifically to Anguilla? What was your experience?

TIA.

You should email or call them if you are interested in Anguilla trip. They have been operating since December and they have a very good reputation, but I have no idea if they are doing an Anguilla trip that works for cruise ship passengers. Get contact info off their website and contact them directly to ask about Anguilla.

You should email or call them if you are interested in Anguilla trip. They have been operating since December and they have a very good reputation, but I have no idea if they are doing an Anguilla trip that works for cruise ship passengers. Get contact info off their website and contact them directly to ask about Anguilla.

I contacted them through their site yesterday (no response) so I posted this to see if anyone had experienced this particular tour since I didn't see anything on CC or TA about it. Then I e-mailed them directly (outside of the website) and received a very quick but immediate response. His answer was yes, and wanting to know how many. I had a few questions he didn't answer (the cost is different on 2 different places on the website) and I had specifically mentioned the cruise ship, but there was no indication of a problem in his quick response. If anyone else is interested I'll keep this thread updated. We don't sail until next year so I won't be able to report my experience until then, but if anyone has any feedback, feel free. Thanks.

We took the ferry to Anguilla. When we landed in Anguilla there were lots of cabs offering tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think there would be too much travel time and not enough “enjoy time” if we did this - taking a power boat will let us go to several beaches on Anguilla. Just wondering if anyone has tried this particular trip, I know the operator has a good reputation.

• 4 months later...

re-surfacing this one again because i see new reviews are posted all the time on tripadvisor but i can't for the life of me get them to respond to my e-mails. i usually book everything online and in this day and age, it shouldn't be that hard. has anyone had any luck with them? i'm getting fed up but they're the only ones offering anything decent to anguilla.

/EDIT: I would rather book direct through the tour operator but it looks like this same operator is now offering the tour through viator.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

Cruising - I, like you, much prefer email to calling, but I suggest in this case you call Robinson and try to connect with voice communication - +1 721-559-2173 - email connection to SXM sometimes is screwed up. Don't give up yet.

Thanks, he actually e-mailed me back (finally) last night, admitting he kept me waiting because our trip is still far out. I get that, and I appreciate the honesty, but an e-mail letting me know that would have been nice. lol. I booked through their website but have yet to receive a confirmation. I am hoping I can gain more interest through my roll call so I posted some info there hoping some people are interested. If people know about it maybe it will get some takers. I would hate for them to cancel it just because we're the only 2 that booked.

Are you saying that you have time to go to Anguilla for the day when in port in St. Martin and that there are tour boats that will take you there?

Yes - our ship gets in at 8am, leaves at 6. It's a speedboat that will take us directly to Anguilla. This tour is 6 hours long.

I doubt he would go with just two people - but I think he is best option for excursion to Anguilla beaches for a cruiser and I would think you would have good chance of getting at least a few others on your roll call to join. Good luck.

I doubt he would go with just two people - but I think he is best option for excursion to Anguilla beaches for a cruiser and I would think you would have good chance of getting at least a few others on your roll call to join. Good luck.

I figured that, but there's no harm in trying. So I booked and I posted it to my roll call for others. We still have time but we already have 2 others interested.

• 4 weeks later...

I would also be interested for info on this. Been to St. Maarten several times and thought this would be a nice change. I recently found Captain Alan who will do a private charter to both Anguilla AND St. Barts for snorkeling, going around both islands and getting us back in time for some shopping in St. Maarten town. I have sent them an email but haven't heard back yet (only two days and we are going February 2019).

I would love to find someone who has done this trip but no one is posting on my link yet. :( lol

I think that what Capt Alan can offer is a snorkel excursion to Anguilla OR St Barts - I do not think it is reasonable for a cruiser (or anyone really) to attempt a snorkel trip to both Anguilla AND St Barts on the same day. I suppose it possible to do both islands on a port of call stop, but I would not recommend it. I have gone many times on Capt Alan excursions, they are a favorite of my wife and me, and I recommend them highly. If you are interested in a custom private excursion, I suggest calling them on the phone - just to state the obvious, they both speak English fluently - or at least they usually do.

I would be very surprised if Alan or Paul thought it a good idea to do a cruise pax snorkel trip to Anguilla and St Barts on the same day - it is not something advertised on their website as best I know - so, let us know on here if you do arrange such an excursion to both Anguilla and St Barts, and how it went.

I also think it would be very tough to do both in one day, I had a hard enough time just getting someone to speedboat us out to Anguilla. Everyone claimed it was too far. I’ve got a group of 12 now on our trip so we are all set with Robinson / 7marine.

• 5 months later...

CruisingTheWaves- any updates? Not sure when your cruise is/was but I am looking at this exact tour for our upcoming cruise next month. I've had one communication with Captain Mike and replied trying to get more info.That was though sevenmarine charters, which seems to be the same company. I tried getting in touch with them today at the link in your very first post, but the email bounced back.

I also found an Anguilla speed boat tour through Billy Bones Charters which looks like similar stops and pricing. I know BB goes out of the marina near the cruise ship pier which is what we'd like to do.

Thanks for any further info you can provide!

17 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

CruisingTheWaves- any updates? Not sure when your cruise is/was but I am looking at this exact tour for our upcoming cruise next month. I've had one communication with Captain Mike and replied trying to get more info.That was though sevenmarine charters, which seems to be the same company. I tried getting in touch with them today at the link in your very first post, but the email bounced back.

I also found an Anguilla speed boat tour through Billy Bones Charters which looks like similar stops and pricing. I know BB goes out of the marina near the cruise ship pier which is what we'd like to do.

Thanks for any further info you can provide!

Our cruise is in March so I was very premature with organizing our tour, but I have 12 people on board our boat at the moment. I'm a little concerned right now because since booking I am getting close to ZERO communication with Mike. I've e-mailed him 3 times since October with no response and I am starting to get annoyed. There's nothing wrong with just wanting to follow up on early made plans for a tour that 12 people have put a deposit down on. It took 4 e-mails in August to get him to respond and say he was on vacation until October. So I e-mailed in October, no response. I have sent two more since last Monday the 2nd, and have received nothing back. I was coming back to this board to see if anyone else had any means of contacting him so I can find out what is going on. He has great reviews through 7 marine so I am not sure what the problem is here. I am going to e-mail their 7 marine e-mail at this point because I'm not getting any response from the robinson one.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

11 hours ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

I am going to e-mail their 7 marine e-mail at this point because I'm not getting any response from the robinson one.

It does appear that Robinsons and Seven marine are the same company. I was doing a little more digging around tonight and found a toll-free number (+1 888 908 3701) to contact them. It's late and my work schedule is hectic this week, so thought I would pass along the info to you 

Thanks, I am already annoyed about them not responding, repeatedly, so I passed the info on to the others on my roll call who have booked. Maybe one of them would like to call because I've worked myself up to the point where I am angry over it and it's probably not a good idea for me to speak with them until I get an answer. lol.