Norwegian Jewel Questions

alan9945

We are new to NCL and have a couple of questions.

We are booked on a cruise on 29th March from Singapore - there is no roll call - is this due to the cruise just being added?

There are only 16 shore excursions available for 5 ports - is this usual?

or will more be added later?

Thanks

Alan

We are new to NCL and have a couple of questions.

We are booked on a cruise on 29th March from Singapore - there is no roll call - is this due to the cruise just being added?

There are only 16 shore excursions available for 5 ports - is this usual?

or will more be added later?

Thanks

Alan

(1) Probably no one has started a Roll Call thread for this cruise yet. Keep watch for a bit someone probably will.

(2) Since this cruise has just been added, they will add more excursions as soon as vendor contracts are signed and verified.

Have a wonderful time. The Jewel is a wonderful ship with a great staff. She is one of my favorite Norwegian ships.

Mandy

All you have to do is to start a thread with the name of the ship, the date and the ports. Then the Mods will pick it up and turn it into a Roll Call. It doesn't mean you have to do anything else but it gets the Roll Call on its way.

We have done 80 days on the Jewel in the last year and it is a wonderful boat with an outstanding crew.

Hi, we are doing back to back Sept. 17/18 Vancouver to Tokyo Japan, then Tokyo to Singapore. Having a hard time finding out about Visa's for the last half (Viet Nam, Cambodia and Thailand. Can any one give me some info on the visa's?

Thanks

Lou Anne

You will need to double check for your particular passports, but for these countries the ship does whatever is necessary with the authorities. We have never needed separate visas on cruises. I don't think Canadians do, either.

We have never needed separate visas on cruises. I don't think Canadians do, either.

I am sure you would need them if you ever go to India or China.

I did say “for these countries”. The query was about Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.

By the way, China now has 72 hours visa-free visiting, which is perfect for cruisers.

By the way, China now has 72 hours visa-free visiting, which is perfect for cruisers.

Be very careful about that one. For a 72 hour or 144 hour visa you have to be LEAVING China completely to get one. You cannot cruise from one of those visa ports to any other port in China

Hi, we are doing back to back Sept. 17/18 Vancouver to Tokyo Japan, then Tokyo to Singapore. Having a hard time finding out about Visa's for the last half (Viet Nam, Cambodia and Thailand. Can any one give me some info on the visa's?

Thanks

Lou Anne

Did the Vietnam/China visas from Canada. In a word, they are expensive! Buy them early, the price goes up.

realistically, is the trip worth the cost? The commercial shops are what you will probably have to go with, as the time is creeping up. (I seem to recall about a 3 week delivery with mail lag) I think the time in Hanoi was an excursion fee of about $300 from the ship (2 hour bus trip each way) and $350 in Visa fee. The cruise excursions take you to ceramic factories that sell trinkets and toilets. They stop at these traps for a long time, largely for women to use the toilets. And remember, they are Asian hole in the floor numbers! (consider Depends)

Yup, lovely to see these countries past the pier malls, but I could have skipped the whole thing, really. I recall the whole experience as my $1200 (US) four hours sitting in a park across from the Hanoi Hilton.

Hope to meet you on the Vancouver to Tokyo run in a few fleeting days.

Barbara 9036