Thank you note for booking the Haven

sjh422

I am booked on the NCL Jade sailing this week in a suite but not a haven suite. Received a thank you note saying this:

"Thank you for choosing the Haven by Norwegian cruise line. Amid this private sanctuary, it will be our privilege to lavish you with concierge and personalized 24 hour butler service, exclusive dining options and an array of onboard amenities. Our staff is dedicated to making your cruise experience truly first class"

The Jade has a very small Haven area with no restaurant or lounge and limited number of cabins. With the Jade suite I booked, we do get the services of a butler and a concierge, plus some dining options but the suite is not located in the Haven.. So, I called online concierge and asked if this note implied that policies had changed and I really did have access to the haven. The answer was no and the representative said that was a standard note NCL sends out to both haven and suite guests. Kind of confusing, I think!!!!!

I am booked on the NCL Jade sailing this week in a suite but not a haven suite. Received a thank you note saying this:

"Thank you for choosing the Haven by Norwegian cruise line. Amid this private sanctuary, it will be our privilege to lavish you with concierge and personalized 24 hour butler service, exclusive dining options and an array of onboard amenities. Our staff is dedicated to making your cruise experience truly first class"

The Jade has a very small Haven area with no restaurant or lounge and limited number of cabins. With the Jade suite I booked, we do get the services of a butler and a concierge, plus some dining options but the suite is not located in the Haven.. So, I called online concierge and asked if this note implied that policies had changed and I really did have access to the haven. The answer was no and the representative said that was a standard note NCL sends out to both haven and suite guests. Kind of confusing, I think!!!!!

You dine in the same dining room with Haven guests for Breakfast and Lunch every day (Moderno/Cagney's).

You have a butler. You have access to the Concierge. You are invited to all of the Haven activities (e.g., Officer's cocktail party).

If you have booked an H3 "Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony" (#'s 9004. 9504, 10004, or 10504) you will have access to the Haven courtyard area!

These Owner's Suites are a truly luxurious way for you to get away. Includes a separate bedroom with a king-size bed and luxury bath with separate shower, in addition to the living room, dining room and large private balconies with incredible views. Sleeps up to four and guests receive access to the private courtyard area. Includes butler and concierge service.

Just be sure each passenger is carrying their keycard (proof that you do belong), if you choose to visit the Haven courtyard.

Don't fret. The Haven area on the Jewel class ships is nothing special at all. No reason to pay a couple of thousand dollars to be in the Haven versus a suite.

I have to say that I completely disagree. We have sailed in 3 and due for another Haven cruise and I love the Jewel’s Haven (within the class) - the smaller pool area and fewer suites make it feel more and not less exclusive. The fast access to the huge, private deck... LOVE ❤️ But as to the off Haven suites with access, they would be great too, I have not stayed in one however. It would depend on what you most want from the cruise.

I have to say that I completely disagree. We have sailed in 3 and due for another Haven cruise and I love the Jewel’s Haven (within the class) - the smaller pool area and fewer suites make it feel more and not less exclusive. The fast access to the huge, private deck... LOVE ❤️ But as to the off Haven suites with access, they would be great too, I have not stayed in one however. It would depend on what you most want from the cruise.

Have to agree with you 100%! As once we sailed in the Haven, there has been NO going back!

Recently we booked a Transatlantic on the Jade in a non Haven 2 bedroom suite. A few weeks later we received a thank you card for booking the suite. We then changed the reservation to the Epic Transatlantic in a Haven 2 bedroom. We just received a new thank you for booking the Haven suite. Both thank you cards were similar with the only changes being a blue border on the suite thank you and a gold one on the Haven card. The Haven thank you stressed the 24 hour butler and had a gold foil haven seal sticker on the envelope. They are the same size and the only outside difference was the sticker. NCL probably just sent the OP the wrong card. Either way we thought it was a nice touch to get the cards from NCL.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We sailed in an aft Suite on the Jade and Star and both were fine without the Haven. The breakfast/lunch at Cagney's was perfect. I think the size of the ship made the difference for us. On the Epic we stayed in the Haven because it was a large ship and boy did we really enjoy Posh and the quiet Haven restaurant for dinner as well as the breakfast and lunch.