Balcony Guarantee

stleda124

Hello All!

If we book a Balcony Guarantee and are assigned when there are still others available in the same same category; can we call and then switch to a new cabin with no additional fee like RCCL does?

TIA!

Nope. You will be assigned a room that no one else wanted. And

You’re stuck with it.

Not always the case. I got assigned a Cove/Hull/Covered (#8006) Balcony on my upcoming cruise on the Epic. Called my TA to have the cabin switched to a different one and told them I wanted #8036 which is not a hull/cove/covered balcony and had no issue changing.

Edited by Georgie562

Not always the case. I got assigned a Cove/Hull/Covered (#8006) Balcony on my upcoming cruise on the Epic. Called my TA to have the cabin switched to a different one and told them I wanted #8036 which is not a hull/cove/covered balcony and had no issue changing.

You have no idea what your TA had to do to get that changed. Most probably had to make an additional payment of some sort which the TA covered.

You booked a guarantee category and were able to make this switch?

You booked a guarantee category and were able to make this switch?

I sure was. And 2 days later I believed I was assigned a room. I was shock as to how quickly I got a room assigned. Once I got the assignment on the room that's when I noticed It was a covered balcony so my TA was able to move me a few cabins down the hall that was not a covered balcony.

This is one one the benefits of using a TA!

I changed my booking to a GTY Balcony this past Saturday for the Bliss Mex Riviera, 8th October. Today I was assigned a 9th floor port cabin forward. (forward of Distrist Brew House). I'm happy. Wondering if these balconies are deeper to cover some of the Large Balcony cabins on 8? Does anyone know.?

Hello All!

If we book a Balcony Guarantee and are assigned when there are still others available in the same same category; can we call and then switch to a new cabin with no additional fee like RCCL does?

TIA!

Why would you book a guarantee if you could possibly not be happy with the room you are given? If you want a particular room on a particular deck then just book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would you book a guarantee if you could possibly not be happy with the room you are given? If you want a particular room on a particular deck then just book it.

My parents are on a two part Alaska vaca right now. They are RVing through Alaska then cruising. They got a change to bid on a balcony for an inside about 2 months ago and of course took it.

I’m not familiar at all with NCL. Their bid hasn’t been picked yet or something (unsure the logistics). But they bid $265 each. Now it’s $120 each to upgrade to a balcony guarantee. I told them to just call and upgrade. It’s a no brainer in my eyes rather than waiting for a possibly accepted larger bid rate. Their philosophy is that if their bid is accepted at a larger rate they may be assigned a better room. I disagree. So I wanted to see if they can do what RCCL does and switch cabins after assignment so I could convince them to book the $120 each.

That’s my ramble.

My parents are on a two part Alaska vaca right now. They are RVing through Alaska then cruising. They got a change to bid on a balcony for an inside about 2 months ago and of course took it.

I’m not familiar at all with NCL. Their bid hasn’t been picked yet or something (unsure the logistics). But they bid $265 each. Now it’s $120 each to upgrade to a balcony guarantee. I told them to just call and upgrade. It’s a no brainer in my eyes rather than waiting for a possibly accepted larger bid rate. Their philosophy is that if their bid is accepted at a larger rate they may be assigned a better room. I disagree. So I wanted to see if they can do what RCCL does and switch cabins after assignment so I could convince them to book the $120 each.

That’s my ramble.

You do realize that if they upgrade to a balcony guarantee they could lose any or all perks that may be already be associated with their current cabin.

You do realize that if they upgrade to a balcony guarantee they could lose any or all perks that may be already be associated with their current cabin.

The current price includes the current two perks they have. Thank you for having me check that tho!

Their logic is DEEPLY flawed. They should definitely just pay the straight-up upgrade price at $120 per person! There is a chance that by the time upgrade bids are processed, there won't be any balconies for them to upgrade to and they won't even get a balcony at all!

You’re stuck with it.

Not true for us . We booked a "Balcony Run Of the Ship" cabin and shortly thereafter were assigned

a BA mid-ship cabin . I don't think I could have picked a better cabin . Can you get a mediocre cabin ?

Sure but you are not guaranteed one . There are still many cabins unsold

Not true for us . We booked a "Balcony Run Of the Ship" cabin and shortly thereafter were assigned

a BA mid-ship cabin . I don't think I could have picked a better cabin . Can you get a mediocre cabin ?

Sure but you are not guaranteed one . There are still many cabins unsold

I agree. I track the inventory as best I can on the sailings I am booked for. There is a clear pattern of categories selling out from cheapest to most expensive. So, generally speaking, the staterooms that are still available late in the game are the most expensive ones, NOT the worst ones.

You’re stuck with it.

That’s not always true. We’ve gone the guaranteed balcony route twice now and somehow the odds were in our favor for both. First was on CCL Glory, received balcony on the spa deck and on our upcoming Breakaway cruise in March, we’ve already been assigned to 8712 with one of the giant 100+ sq feet balconies. Needless to say, we’re super excited about it!!