Book directly or

TrinaLC

Although I can't comment on Seabourn, since my first experience is in about a month, in general a good TA is worth it. Here "good" means someone familiar with the line and the ships. Ideal is first-hand experience. Such a TA will not book you into a cabin with problems (and most ships have them). They often end up being cheaper then "rolling your own" because of the on-board credits they offer. And since you are their customer, any advice they give you will not be influenced by the desire of the cruise line of make money. The rules of this board means I can't recommend my TA, although I would love to, but they are not too difficult to find with TripAdvisor etc. Incidentally I support the policy of this board about recommending TAs.

In my view a TA is a real benefit, as long as they are good. I hae used ours several times in negotiating with Seabourn with a positive outcome. Go direct Seabourn or online then there are risks .. in general, with airlines, tour packages, our great agent has saved us money and aggravation!!

I just used a TA for a Seabourn 10-night Canada + New England in two months time and received an additional $200 onboard credit and $1,250 travel reimbursement coming or going from the ship. All Seabourn was offering was $100 onboard credit. Plus my TA will continuously monitor for last-minute price drops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not to mention virtuoso perks. If you pick a virtuoso agent.

And don’t forget the referral coupon thread.

Lastly, they can confirm and guide you in cruise selection. It’s not like you pay them. Cruise booking commissions are significant and you can choose between Seabourn or a TA having the cut and service

I would never book directly. My TA can offer the very best service at no cost to me, and usually great perks as well! It took a lot of frog kissing before I finally found my prince! Lol!

• 1 month later...

As far as booking directly with the company I inquired about the cruise from Montreal to Miami and they told me it was sold out yet when I checked with travel agents they have plenty of inventory why would Seabourn on the telephone say it was sold out and not book us direct?Now they will have to pay the agent the commission as well as give $1000 onboard credit which wasn’t advertised on the Seaborn website

BTW, if you are talking about the Odyssey’s Nov., 2019 transatlantic it is not ending in Miami no matter what Seabourn staff or TAs say now. The cruise that follows is out of Sint Maarten, hundreds of miles from Miami. That’s where the transatlantic ends and the next cruise starts, same day, which is a day later than the “arrival date” now showing for Miami.

I know this because I am booked on both the transatlantic and the follow-on Sint Maarten to Sint Maarten 2 week cruise. The paperwork on the transatlantic is wrong and will be replaced when Seabourn finally gets around to it. Weird but true.

Happy and healthy sailing!