Adult pool 6'8" deep..WHY??

Rich_NY

Not sure if it was discussed...on the Escape the adult pool is 6'8" deep. That is the most ridiculous thing ever. People who want to cool off have to fight for a spot against the wall to hold onto the rail. Like its not already crowded enough!! Why not allow people to stand in The water to make it more accessible to more people?? JUST PLAIN STUPID!!!

Maybe because they want to make it difficult for people to hang out in the pool for a while so others can get in, swim around, then get out so other can switch off. Also, not everyone has to get a spot around the outside, people can tread water. Also, if it were lower, more people would stand in it, more water displacement and more pee in the pool.

The deep pools are the best thing they could have done and I couldn't be happier. They did the same thing on the new MSC Seaside. It's 6'6" all the way on the Seaside. It made the pools less crowded and kept those out who want to stand in the pool all day drinking and pissing in the water. The deep pools force you to tread water, cool off and get out ..... It keeps them from becoming toilets for people to stand in for hours. I hope all cruise lines adopt this new trend. There's a reason they are doing this and it's to keep 500 people out at once from getting hammered and passing out in them. Either you tread water or you sink to the bottom. I love it!

I read this about MSC but did not know the Escape was this way too. I agree making the pool deep is the best idea I ever heard. Who wants to stand in a waist deep sea of urine? This has to cut down on crowding and free up the pool for what it is intended for - to swim.

This is a genius move. What do you think a bunch of people drinking all day are doing standing in the pool? Do you really want to go swimming in a giant toilet? MSC has done this too. I️ hope more realize what a good idea this is. Learn to swim.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand the drinkers ruin it. But holding a rail in the pool isn't enjoyable. I can swim....there is no room to.

You think making the pool shallow so everyone can stand will add or reduce the room to swim... :o

I understand the drinkers ruin it. But holding a rail in the pool isn't enjoyable. I can swim....there is no room to.
True, it isn't fun to hold onto a rail or the sides but in doing that most people only stay in 10 minutes or so. They get out freeing up space for others to do the same instead of the same people holding up the wall in the same spot for three hours leaving no room for anyone else to get in and cool off.

That makes sense....I'm not going to come in here and put up with abuse. My question was legit.
It is legit and many people have asked this question once on board these ships and it's been discussed a couple times on here before. Nobody really knew right off the bat but a general concensus was made on why ...... I credit it with teaching my two young daughters to swim. I was able to stand in both of the pools on my toes on the Escape and MSC Seaside ..... hence my user name, LOL! :D;)

You think making the pool shallow so everyone can stand will add or reduce the room to swim... :o

My point was since there is no room to swim anyway, allow people to stand so more people can enjoy being in the pool.