Ultimate beverage package

HAPPINESS IS

We are considering purchasing the ultimate beverage package and note that: it does not include bottled wine or any other alcohol over$15. Am I correct in understanding that if one wishes to order wine, any wine can be selected from the menu, as long as it does not cost more than $15 per glass? Is the wine of choice then decanted into a glass, from the bottle? The only wine we enjoy is Beringer White Zinfandel, and I am hoping this wine is available with the ultimate beverage package. Thank you for your help.

We are considering purchasing the ultimate beverage package and note that: it does not include bottled wine or any other alcohol over$15. Am I correct in understanding that if one wishes to order wine, any wine can be selected from the menu, as long as it does not cost more than $15 per glass? Is the wine of choice then decanted into a glass, from the bottle? The only wine we enjoy is Beringer White Zinfandel, and I am hoping this wine is available with the ultimate beverage package. Thank you for your help.

I had a glass of Beringer White Zinfandel on our last cruise in June and it was included.

Any wine that is offered by the glass is available even if it costs more than $15 per glass, you simply pay the difference between the costs and $15.

I would suggest that you carefully consider the actual cost of the UBP, if you are not getting it as a booking perk. It takes a lot of drinking over the course of the cruise to justify that approximate $100 per person per day cost.

Any wine that is offered by the glass is available even if it costs more than $15 per glass, you simply pay the difference between the costs and $15.

I would suggest that you carefully consider the actual cost of the UBP, if you are not getting it as a booking perk. It takes a lot of drinking over the course of the cruise to justify that approximate $100 per person per day cost.

Where are you getting the approximately $100.00 per person per day cost??

My cost for the Service Charge in Jan. is 199.00 for the week for 2 of us.

Where are you getting the approximately $100.00 per person per day cost??

My cost for the Service Charge in Jan. is 199.00 for the week for 2 of us.

OP said they are buying the beverage package rather than getting it as a perk.

Where are you getting the approximately $100.00 per person per day cost?? My cost for the Service Charge in Jan. is 199.00 for the week for 2 of us.

The OP discussed purchasing the package. The package costs $89 + 20% gratuity per day = $106.80 per day.

drinks average about $10 each. so if you are buying the package vs. getting it as a perk, youd have to drink probably 12 or 13 drinks a day to break even. its not hard to do, but i know id feel guilty if i didnt hit my quota each day. whe nit first came out it was much cheaper and we did buy it. if we didnt get it as a perk, we would not buy it and we drink ALOT.

To answer the OP original question yes they do have Beringer white zinfinde on the ship. As far as the purchase of the UBP you may want to look at the beer and wine package, that is if you don't drink cocktails. Yes is you purchase the UBP you would have to really drink a lot to make up for the cost that's why most take it as a perk, the gratuity is covered with the first 2 drinks of the day.

Agree that if we didn’t get the perk as part of our promos, we probably wouldn’t buy it outright. We do drink quite a bit on vacation, too. They have raised the prices so as to increase their revenue generated by the service charge and have pretty much priced themselves out of the non-promo purchasing crowd. I was on RC a few years back, they have bottled water in theirs, that was amazing because they handed it out as you walked off the ship in the hot Caribbean! That plus it was only ~400 a person. It was worth it. Nearly $750? Not worth it. Our joint bill would only be that much.

where are you getting a $100 a day? :confused: OK, now I get it, the OP said they were thinking of buying it. I do agree, if you are going to buy the package it isn't worth it unless you do drink an awful lot. We love our vacation time and the drinking part, but still do not drink enough to justify the cost. We would be more inclined to pay $15 service charge and brink a few bottles of wine on the ship for consumption in our cabin.

Edited by newmexicoNita

We got ours for "free" and I still felt like I had to drink to make it worthwhile lol

How do you figure that? Except for the service charge there is no cost and no one should feel they have to drink just to benefit from the package, unless there is a perk, like gratuities being covered as a perk. The specialty dining and the UBP are by far the best perks on the promo package.

We booked a guarantee balcony on our upcoming transatlantic cruise on the Jade through our TA. Along with $400 OBC, the perks included the beverage package along with all gratuities through a group promotion.

"Pre-Paid Service Charges for Affinity Groups Mini-Suites and below"

"Ultimate Beverage Package for Groups"

We booked a guarantee balcony on our upcoming transatlantic cruise on the Jade through our TA. Along with $400 OBC, the perks included the beverage package along with all gratuities through a group promotion.

"Pre-Paid Service Charges for Affinity Groups Mini-Suites and below"

"Ultimate Beverage Package for Groups"

Wow. Assuming the base price was comparable, you are getting a fantastic deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone find the speciality drinks/cocktails pretty low quality even if they are included in the UBP? For example, the frozen drinks all came pre mixed in those Oasis cartons, they just pour booze and mix with ice.

I don’t think there’s anything natural in that drink and probably filled with high fructose corn syrup.

The speciality bars like the martini bar, I ordered the one night a cosmopolitan, and it was already pre mixed in a jug.. If I was paying the $10 or what ever it was I’d be pretty disappointed.

Overall the value is there if your sticking to the more expensive liquors like the cognac, scotch, Grey Goose and what not.