not impressed at all

jaxw17

We have justreturned from a Northern European cruise on the M.S.C. Magnifica. This cruiseleft a lot to be desired and as such I have tried to cancel a cruise with themthat i have booked for next September.

The ship isnice looking although the pool area has a lot of wasted space. The indoor poolwas a mess most of the time the retractable roof not used and it was like a crèche.Noisy hot and awash with water everywhere you looked.

The cabinswere good and the housekeeping adequate with bed changes etc and bathroom cleanbut there was a lot of dust that remained for the two weeks.

The allinclusive drinks package included an abysmal choice of the cheapest wine youcould have. No diet tonic or any other diet drinks apart from pepsi.

The staffwere very good and the service prompt and friendly.

I am not afussy eater but I do like good food. Any of the meats 0n the main were so toughI could not chew them. Sometimes at dinner I did not know what to order therewas little to choose from. For example one night I went for cannelloni thetubes of pasta were filled with grey mince no seasoning, tomatoes garlicanything just grey bland mince. The blade of beef had half an inch of tendermeat and then about a 3” piece of fat and gristle in the middle. Salmon wasovercooked and like . These are just a few examples.

We ate inthe buffet at lunch as we like to we do not like to do this at night as we areon holiday and like a served meal. This was no better one day the offeringswere German sausages, sauerkraut and snitzel.

The cruisewas very geared towards German passengers with music to match. The entertainmentwas dire and by the time they had introduced everything in 6 languages you hadlost the will to live.

There was ashortage of information. We have cruised many times so we worked on theassumption that things would be similar. If it was our first cruise we wouldhave been lost.

Others thatwe spoke to that had cruised with MsC before said that this was the worst theyhad been on. Others were going home to cancel further cruises with them.

On the wholeit was not a very good experience.

I have never understood people that buy an unlimited drink package and then complain about the brand choice or quality. It will be the cheapest available, everytime, everyplace, everyday. They are running a business.

I have never understood people that buy an unlimited drink package and then complain about the brand choice or quality. It will be the cheapest available, everytime, everyplace, everyday. They are running a business.
I agree - if you don't like the wine move on and drink something else- it won't cost you either way! I like to drink cider mostly but it's in the premium package so I'll work through the cocktail menu instead!

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

A little bit similar to my first experiece with MSC many years before. I did not like the house wine, the canneloni, the overcooked salmon and some meat dishes. I learnt my lesson, meanwhile almost no more disappointment with wine and food onboard MSC at all.

We have justreturned from a Northern European cruise on the M.S.C. Magnifica. This cruiseleft a lot to be desired and as such I have tried to cancel a cruise with themthat i have booked for next September.

The ship isnice looking although the pool area has a lot of wasted space. The indoor poolwas a mess most of the time the retractable roof not used and it was like a crèche.Noisy hot and awash with water everywhere you looked.

The cabinswere good and the housekeeping adequate with bed changes etc and bathroom cleanbut there was a lot of dust that remained for the two weeks.

The allinclusive drinks package included an abysmal choice of the cheapest wine youcould have. No diet tonic or any other diet drinks apart from pepsi.

The staffwere very good and the service prompt and friendly.

I am not afussy eater but I do like good food. Any of the meats 0n the main were so toughI could not chew them. Sometimes at dinner I did not know what to order therewas little to choose from. For example one night I went for cannelloni thetubes of pasta were filled with grey mince no seasoning, tomatoes garlicanything just grey bland mince. The blade of beef had half an inch of tendermeat and then about a 3” piece of fat and gristle in the middle. Salmon wasovercooked and like . These are just a few examples.

We ate inthe buffet at lunch as we like to we do not like to do this at night as we areon holiday and like a served meal. This was no better one day the offeringswere German sausages, sauerkraut and snitzel.

The cruisewas very geared towards German passengers with music to match. The entertainmentwas dire and by the time they had introduced everything in 6 languages you hadlost the will to live.

There was ashortage of information. We have cruised many times so we worked on theassumption that things would be similar. If it was our first cruise we wouldhave been lost.

Others thatwe spoke to that had cruised with MsC before said that this was the worst theyhad been on. Others were going home to cancel further cruises with them.

On the wholeit was not a very good experience.

Highlighted line made me laugh.

wow.. just.. tasteless.

I don't think it was a slam on the different languages, I think it was a slam on how long it took. A little sense of humor goes a long way.

Having to sit through announcements in multiple languages would be a no-no for me too, which is why I book cruises on English speaking lines only.

Like the english speaking NCL on every cruise I have taken with them in europe?!?

We drink wine .....red wine I don't drink anything else instead of Gin and low calorie tonic. Low calorie as I am insulin dependant diabetic hence the cocktails are usually a no go.

The language thing was about the time it took and when they did announce in English It could hardly be understood. Hats off to them to be able to speak all those languages.

I know on here when you put your head above the parapet and don't tow the party line you are open to the keyboard warriors but I am just telling it how it was. We are booked on Mergaviglia next September if we cancel we lose £575.

Another issue that I forgot to add was that they did not enforce the hand sanitation and there were loads of people going into the buffet and dinner without using it.

It was not so awful that i wanted to come home but not good either.

House wine was alright,food was acceptable although many were complaining, plenty of choice or if not up to scratch the table waiters would offer an alternative.

Hygiene espicially from the foreign guests was awful.

Entertainment was generally very good although i agree it took an age to get going due to the multi language introductions much better the the tui screeching wanabee entertainment team and naff productions.

above the pool deck drink service was little or non existent so better to get your own drinks rather than die of dehydration, many bar staff have an attitude problem a session in charm school would be appropriate.

Cabins are good and kept to a high standard.

Ship is more like a passenger ferry picking up and dropping off everywhere en route so getting on/off at ports is sometimes murder.

English bangers were the best ive had on any ship.....top marks.

So all in all get your own drinks rather than wait for the poor service

Had too giggle at the Italians wrapped up in body warmers and scarves thinking they looked cool in tempratures reaching the high 70's.

would I go back,probably not.

House wine was alright,food was acceptable although many were complaining, plenty of choice or if not up to scratch the table waiters would offer an alternative.

Entertainment was generally very good although i agree it took an age to get going due to the multi language introductions much better the the tui screeching wanabee entertainment team and naff productions.

above the pool deck drink service was little or non existent so better to get your own drinks rather than die of dehydration, many bar staff have an attitude problem a session in charm school would be appropriate.

Ship is more like a passenger ferry picking up and dropping off everywhere en route so getting on/off at ports is sometimes murder.

Had too giggle at the Italians wrapped up in body warmers and scarves thinking they looked cool in tempratures reaching the high 70's.

Good assessment and I agree about the Italians. thought my thermostat had mal functioned.

I actually told some going into the restaurant and buffet about the hand sanitising. I don't care if it was rude I am not ending up sick because someone can't be bothered cleaning their hands.

We have another booked next year and hope this was a bad example

by the time they had introduced everything in 6 languages you had lost the will to live.

I don't care what language you speak, that is comedy gold! ;p;p

I've cruised MSC several times out of Miami and the multiple languages was just for the important stuff, the muster, etc. Probably because it was Miami. I'm thinking about doing a Med cruise next year and MSC was going to be one of my possibles, you've given me reason to reconsider. Thanks.

I don't care what language you speak, that is comedy gold! ;p;p

I've cruised MSC several times out of Miami and the multiple languages was just for the important stuff, the muster, etc. Probably because it was Miami. I'm thinking about doing a Med cruise next year and MSC was going to be one of my possibles, you've given me reason to reconsider. Thanks.

I did a Med cruise this March on the MSC Orchestra and I rate it at the top of my 40 cruises on many different lines. Will be going on my 4th MSC cruise in November. My new favorite cruise line!

What "foreign" guests are you referring to?