New to MSC

lasnev

Hello,

Mostly NCL and Carnival cruisers, we are now looking into European itineraries on MSC.

Any basic information would be really helpful like deposits, (refundable or not) different rates....Do they have occasional sales where it would be worth to wait...Do prices go up steadily....Do ships seem to fill up way in advance....

Would you suggest booking online or by calling the toll free number.

I also don't see any special rates as far as age or service. Do they have such a thing?

It could be me but I don't find their web site very user friendly, certainly not what I am used to.

I appreciate it!

Thank You

There is a military discount. I had to submit my DD214. I'm not clear on the amount of discount because my TA handled it for me. Someone posted that it is a 10% discount but my discount was more than that. So I'm not really sure if I received only the military discount or that plus another discount.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

Just booked our first MSC cruise on the web site and it was a bit of a challenge but we got it done... they do offer a 10% military discount and will match your latitude points from NCL. My wife and I are long time NCL cruisers also but we are anxious to give MSC a try. Best of luck!

Hello,

Mostly NCL and Carnival cruisers, we are now looking into European itineraries on MSC.

Any basic information would be really helpful like deposits, (refundable or not) different rates....Do they have occasional sales where it would be worth to wait...Do prices go up steadily....Do ships seem to fill up way in advance....

Would you suggest booking online or by calling the toll free number.

I also don't see any special rates as far as age or service. Do they have such a thing?

It could be me but I don't find their web site very user friendly, certainly not what I am used to.

I appreciate it!

Thank You

Hi there - just wanted to assure you that it’s not just you - their website is frustrating and fairly useless. It’s inconceivable to me that after booking you have no invoice/ability to see your balance, etc. I only know what we are paying because I have the amount written down! Maybe after I make a payment beyond the initial deposit it will generate one but not holding my breath.

Personally I would call and speak to a CSR - most have been quite helpful. I asked for and received the extension for the last one I spoke with because she was helpful and articulate.

In terms of sales/discounts - they offer a status match for other lines (and also hotels), so you can apply using your highest status elsewhere, and be matched accordingly. In our case being Elite on Princess got us “black card” status with MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

their website is frustrating and fairly useless. It’s inconceivable to me that after booking you have no invoice/ability to see your balance, etc. I only know what we are paying because I have the amount written down!

I am using MSC USA website and have no problem getting all information and details of my (2) booked cruises.

On the left side of the menu click on "Price Details" , click on "Price Breakdown" for on-screen detailed list of purchased items or click on "Send Invoice" for a copy of the statement send to you via eMail.

Besides a couple of minor hic-ups a few months ago the website is working just fine for me. :)

I am using MSC USA website and have no problem getting all information and details of my (2) booked cruises.

On the left side of the menu click on "Price Details" , click on "Price Breakdown" for on-screen detailed list of purchased items or click on "Send Invoice" for a copy of the statement send to you via eMail.

Besides a couple of minor hic-ups a few months ago the website is working just fine for me. :)

Thanks for trying to help! I think part of the issue is that being in the YC - I have no charges to show. When I click on “price breakdown ” it just lists the room number, deck number and my name - absolutely nothing price related - not even the fare. Can I ask where you are seeing the option to request an invoice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask where you are seeing the option to request an invoice?

It's under "Price Details". The total stateroom price is listed on top, below the total price (split into "total paid" and "total of prepaid items". Below is the "Request Invoice" section with my eMail address as default and the "Send Invoice" button.

I am booked in YC on both of my 2 booking.

It's under "Price Details". The total stateroom price is listed on top, below the total price (split into "total paid" and "total of prepaid items". Below is the "Request Invoice" section with my eMail address as default and the "Send Invoice" button.

I am booked in YC on both of my 2 booking.

Well I’m just stumped - just tried again and there’s just nothing price related under price breakdown. I’ll have to call and see if someone on the tech side can debug this. I do appreciate the help!