cricket on tv / splendour of the sea

swfc

Do you know who owns the television rights to the tournament? If it's ESPN, then you are probably in good shape. ESPN Caribbean showed a ton of cricket (Caribbean Premier League) when we were on Independence last summer.

Hi on the splendour in March when the cricket 20/20 world cup is on

do they have a sports channel on the TV where it may be shown

Cheers...:):)

Being that Cricket is show quite a lot on ESPN- Caribbean, it's quite likely that it will be shown.

The real question is what is shown during the day. For some reason, during morning/day both ESPN channels have been showing 30 for 30 movies constantly. In the past, there was SportCenter and other shows, including live coverage of Cricket matches from around the world. A year ago, I'd be 100% sure you'd be able to see it.

So, in theory, you should be able to see the matches. In practice anymore, I'm not sure.

I'm guessing it'll be on ESPN International, but who knows until you're actually on the ship.

I'm still appreciative for the RCCL employee that was cleaning in the area of 19th hole on Mariner years ago and explained Cricket to me. I learned a lot from him. Plus, I believe he was happy to watch as he said his cousin was playing for the West Indies and that's why he kept taking strolls through the bar to see how the match was going.

I was on a Med cruise in 2013 during the ICC Champions Trophy. I had gotten into it since I was in India the week before my cruise and the day before I left India it rained buckets all day so I just sat in the hotel watching cricket. On the ship they were showing the matches on ESPN International, but right in the middle of one of the matches I was watching they pre-empted in favor of a replay of an NBA basketball game:eek:.

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN has rights to some of the ICC T20 World Cup matches for airing outside the US (Willow TV has full rights within the U.S.), which I assume--and hope--means that ESPN Caribbean will air at least the West Indies matches. I'm hoping that because I will be on the Disney Fantasy on March 16 when the first West Indies match is played (starting at 6:30 a.m. ET).

I'll be home by Sunday morning and in front of Willow for the second Windies match.