Splendour of the seas junior suites

I've booked two weeks on this ship in her new guise as Thomson Discovery. As its our 50th wedding anniversary, I booked a junior suite. Are there any of theses that should be avoided because of obstructed view, noise etc? Thanks in advance.

I've booked two weeks on this ship in her new guise as Thomson Discovery. As its our 50th wedding anniversary, I booked a junior suite. Are there any of theses that should be avoided because of obstructed view, noise etc? Thanks in advance.

From our experience on Legend, the sister ship to Splendour, I cannot think of a really bad JS location. The fact that they are all on deck 8, right under the pool deck, means that there is potential for noise from above.

As Bob says you'll be on deck 8 under the pool deck. So look above to see what might cause some noise. We were on Legend under the Solarium and did hear some noise from the cart picking up dishes from the Park Cafe as it went over the tiles. Not too bad, but a bit annoying. If you get near the Centrum elevators you can get under the lobby or right near the doors to the lobby from the pool area so there will be less noise as the lobby is carpeted, and there aren't any chairs near the door area at the aft of the pool area. But all in all, the noise will be minimal anyway. The added comfort of the JS will more than make up for it.

Slight hijacking of this thread...

Just booked a JS aft on The Rhapsody. Has anyone on here stayed in an aft JS on a Vision-class ship? Any thoughts you can share?

Thanks!

We had an aft JS on Enchantment a few years ago. Huge balcony, and one of the few JS staterooms on Vision class with a walk-in closet. Did hear some music from the lounge below a couple of nights.

Slight hijacking of this thread...

Just booked a JS aft on The Rhapsody. Has anyone on here stayed in an aft JS on a Vision-class ship? Any thoughts you can share?

Thanks!

We had 8096 aft on the Rhapsody July 2014, for our 50th. Loved that rap around balcony. Great room wonderful view all the time in Alaska. So much room on the balcony we did a repeat of vows (son-in-law pastor) with all 6 of us out there and still lots of room.

Thanks for all the quick replies! And pictures! You guys are great! :D

One additional question: How was the ride? I've been on 15+ cruises but have never had an aft stateroom. Do you feel an excess of the ship's motion?

Also, what is the "secret staircase"?