New Year's cruise on Splendour

Ronessie

Hi,

We (my husband and myself, mid 40's) are sailing on the Splendour on the 28th december.

This will be our 4th cruise with Royal (Independence, Freedom, Adventure), and we booked 1 in may, Vision and a B2B2B for summer 2016 on the Anthem.

Sailed with carnival, Norwegian en Holland America Line, but love Royal.

This will be the first time on a smaller ship.

We openminded and know that the Splendour and Vision are a different experiences, but can anybody tell me what to expect and what the difference is?

We are looking forward to new year's eve on the ship and have a great evening/party.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Thank you for your reply Bob

We have never sailed on the vision class, so if you can hel me with some more info about this ships that would be very helpfull.

Especially the cruise in Dubai with Splendour on new year's eve.

Only sailed on the bigger ships and we heard that the smaller ships are a different experience in cruising.

Esther

Thank you for your reply Bob

We have never sailed on the vision class, so if you can hel me with some more info about this ships that would be very helpfull.

Especially the cruise in Dubai with Splendour on new year's eve.

Only sailed on the bigger ships and we heard that the smaller ships are a different experience in cruising.

Esther

The biggest difference between Vision class and the Voyager/Freedom class is the lack of the inside Royal Promenade. Instead, there is a large, multi-deck centrum area. Also, Vision class has a glass covered Solarium, instead of an open Solarium. The Solarium cover can be opened, but I've rarely seen it open.

Other differences: Vision class has more lounges with expansive outside views than Voyager/Freedom class. Vision class has around 2000 passengers as opposed to the 3000-3500 passengers on Voyager/Freedom class.