Does anyone know of something fun to do in Falmouth with kids about 8 and 10?

GrandmaHofmann

Will be there on a Halloween cruise with younger grandsons and can't find anything of interest in Port Adventures.

There is nothing to do at Falmouth except shop and it is not recommended to go outside the area. The falls are great if capable, my kids are in their 30s and still talk about it.

You could book Jewel Runaway Bay through Resorts for a Day online. They pick you up right at the Falmouth port and bring you back. Food is included in your price and they have a great beach area, swimming pools and an amazing waterpark. The resort isn't super big so it's not overwhelming and easy to walk to everything in just minutes. The waterpark was just the right size for my son when he was 8 and my husband and I really enjoyed it too. He's 11 now and we plan to go back Jan 2019. The lazy river and water slides and so much fun but relaxing too. It's set up so you can relax in a chair and see the kids wherever they go. The lifeguards are amazing and interact with the kids. Windsurfing, kayaking, and Hobie Cat rides are included too.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. Staying on the ship sounds like it might be a plan. We never have time to do everything on a Disney cruise and maybe the Aquaduck lines would be short! Went to Dunn River Falls years ago and was hit up to buy drugs! Too bad Jamaica is so smarmy.

Not sure which cruise line you'll be on, but we did the "Family Thrill Seekers & Adventure Falls" excursion with Royal Caribbean. It's only about a 20 minute ride from the port (at the Good Hope Estate) and they have ziplining, river tubing, kayaking, a pool & a waterslide. The price was reasonable for a ship excursion and my teens enjoyed it. In addition to our excursion, we also saw excursions from Disney and Carnival, so I'm sure other cruise lines run something similar.

There are a lot of beautiful things to see in Jamaica. It's a shame to stay on the ship, IMO. Take a ship excursion of you're nervous, but there are also many reputable tour guides.