San Juan taxis

berwyn

Urgent taxi question: when arriving at the San Juan airport, if I'm taking the cab to the Carnival cruise terminal, is that all I need to say as the destination? "Carnival Cruise Terminal?"

We always just tell them the cruise line and ship name. Haven't ended up in the wrong place yet:p

When we cruised from Barcelona my friend printed out the address on a card and just handed the card to the driver. We did that for both the hotel and the cruise terminal.

Good idea. I'll do that.

good info...

for a party of 5, should we just try to find a taxi van or reserve a taxi thru a vendor? if so, recommendations?

Thanks!

A very good number of taxis in the tourist zones of Isla Verde, Condado, Old San Juan and ANY airport as well are usually passenger vans that will easily take all of your party. Keep in mind the quoted price is per trip not per passenger in all tourist zone taxis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
A very good number of taxis in the tourist zones of Isla Verde, Condado, Old San Juan and ANY airport as well are usually passenger vans that will easily take all of your party. Keep in mind the quoted price is per trip not per passenger in all tourist zone taxis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Would that mean for a party of 5 one would expect to pay the quoted rate X5 or the quoted rate would be the price regardless of the number in the taxi?

Would that mean for a party of 5 one would expect to pay the quoted rate X5 or the quoted rate would be the price regardless of the number in the taxi?

Never per person.

Leaving out of San Juan on RCCL very soon. For a party of 9 should we expect to be put in multiple cabs to get to the RCCL terminal? If all in one, what should we expect as an extra charge for the additional people in our party?

Leaving out of San Juan on RCCL very soon. For a party of 9 should we expect to be put in multiple cabs to get to the RCCL terminal? If all in one, what should we expect as an extra charge for the additional people in our party?

They might have a van big enough...but if not, it would be 2 vehicles. Each vehicle would be the $24 rate, so $48 total.