Cabin assignments

my heart will go on

On my first HAL cruise this month I had my cabin number changed 3 times in 8 days... and on cruise day it was t changed with our baggage being sent to a cabin of our previous cabin number. It took awhile for the steward to get the baggage from the party who didn't want to give our baggage up.. The last cabin was much smaller than the previous and I am not a savvy cruiser being a first time civilian cruiser.

Problem is, OP did stress over it, and that is my whole point. Some folks are just prone to stressing / obsessing over things like this, yet continue to book guarantees.

For those folks, why not eliminate the anxiety of cabin assignment timing altogether by selecting their cabin upfront and be done with it?

The op wondered where they would land. It feels to me that other posters were stressing/obsessing about it not the op.

The op wondered where they would land. It feels to me that other posters were stressing/obsessing about it not the op.

Are you serious? Did you read this thread? The OP was posting on a daily basis (maybe more frequently) and at one point posted "I think my cruise is sold out. Hasn't shown up as an available cruise to book in over a week" (and that is a direct quote).

Problem is, OP did stress over it, and that is my whole point. Some folks are just prone to stressing / obsessing over things like this, yet continue to book guarantees.

For those folks, why not eliminate the anxiety of cabin assignment timing altogether by selecting their cabin upfront and be done with it?

There is no indication that the OP had booked a guarantee before, so the part about "yet continue to book guarantees" is not justified here. There may be other threads where that is in fact the case.

And the problem for many who have done guarantees before on other lines is that guarantees on HAL work differently and are assigned MUCH later.

I have a guarantee booked for next June on HAL, in case you were wondering (also did one this March). I also have one on Celebrity for next October. Neither is assigned yet (but the Celebrity one is an unusual case, which i won't go into details of here).

Got our cabin assignment today, quite early I think! Our departure date is Oct 20, so more than 2 weeks out.

We booked an FF Guarantee, and today we were assigned a D midship OV on A deck. Looks like a very good assignment for us: full size couch, not a loveseat; good location at midship and low is good for stability; should be relatively quiet with only cabins above, not across from a pantry or laundry, and not under the galley!!! m--

Got our cabin assignment today, quite early I think! Our departure date is Oct 20, so more than 2 weeks out.

We booked an FF Guarantee, and today we were assigned a D midship OV on A deck. Looks like a very good assignment for us: full size couch, not a loveseat; good location at midship and low is good for stability; should be relatively quiet with only cabins above, not across from a pantry or laundry, and not under the galley!!! m--

YAY for you!! This sounds excellent. Congratulations!!

Good for you. That's a very good assignment. I don't do guarantees....I'm a chicken, but you did very well. See you onboard!