Favorite Huatulco shore excursion and details?

nini

We will be stopping in Huatulco on a PC cruise on Princess. I have searched and found

some suggestions, but thought I would put it out there! I would love to know your

impressions and if you would recommend your tour again.

TIA

We took the tour to the ruins. Although I thoroughly enjoyed being at the ruins, I did not like our tour or tour guide - we spent too much time in the museum and not enough time wandering the ruins. We had to stay with the group. If I were to be there again, I'd take a taxi to the ruins and not a tour.

We did, in Huatulco, the same thing that many of our crew did for their time off. There is a pretty nice beach within sight of the cruise ship pier and we walked from the ship to the beach. This beach has multiple cafes/restaurants and as DW and I strolled along the sand we had numerous Mexicans (who worked in the cafes) try to get us to "rent" loungers for the day. Most were asking $25 - $40 (US) for the chairs which we politely refused (with a smile). After viewing the entire beach (and facilities) we settled on one place where the cafe seemed OK, and the beach loungers were in pretty good shape. When one of their folks again approached and tried to get $40 (that is my best memory but I could be wrong about the price) for 2 chairs and an umbrella I simply told him that we live in Mexico for part of the year (we have lived in Puerto Vallarta for the past 12 winters) and that we do not pay for chairs. I suggested that if they simply gave us (for free) the two loungers and umbrella, we would buy our drinks and lunch from their cafe. They accepted our deal...asking us not to tell anyone else that we got the chairs for free :). It was a nice beach, we met a fascinating American expat lady who lived near the beach, and had a fantastic day.

Hank

We took a trip up and down the coast on a small boat that would hold about 8 or 10 people. We saw some very pretty beaches and the operator offered to let us off to snorkel if we wanted. He put out a fishing lure but we didn't get any hits. We went to the blowhole below the lighthouse and through a channel that was pretty extensive where they were building some nice homes.

Very nice ride and price was under 20 dollars if my memory is right.

Another time, we got a taxi to take us to the town and through the hotel zone and then around some of the outlying area. It was interesting and not expensive.

Edited by swedish weave