Pride out of Baltimore

millacon

Hi everyone! I hate to ask these questions but I cannot seem to find the answer using google, Carnival's site, or even the search feature on here so I apologize if I missed where this information happens to be located.

We are flying into BWI and cruising out of Baltimore however when I do a search for cruise terminals out of Baltimore I get two very different locations. One is close to the city "Port of Baltimore" and the other is the "Cruise Maryland Terminal." I went over to Carnival to see if I could get clarification but their help site sends me to an error page. :rolleyes:

We would like to be close to an area to be able to walk and see sights but I do not want to get a hotel too far away from the terminal. So, would someone help me out? Which location does the Pride leave out of? WHY they can't just put the cruise terminal's address into my itinerary is beyond me (or maybe I haven't figured out where it is located).

Any Marriott hotel recommendations close to that terminal? I have points that I want to use for the stay or I wouldn't care about which hotel we stayed in.

Any high points that are a 'must see' in the area without having to take a cab very far?

Thank you for any assistance!

If you look at a map of Baltimore City, the port is downtown just off of I95 as you enter the north bound entrance to the Harbor Tunnel. I believe the exit signs on I95 say "port of Baltimore. There is nothing within close walking distance but just a short taxi or uber ride to the Inner Harbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The address is the Cruise Maryland Terminal - 2001 E McComas St. Baltimore, MD 21230. There are a number of Marriott owned hotels in the Inner Harbor - ranging from Marriott Waterfront to Courtyard, Fairfield, Springhill Suites, etc. - I personally haven't stayed at any of those.

The Inner Harbor is where everything is at attraction, eating, etc. There is also the National Aquarium, USS Constellation, Ripley's, Camden Yards, etc. near by - pending on what time of the year you are going there are some great opportunities.

Looks like you got the right answer on which Port is the correct one! As for Marriott properties, there are several, but none are next to the cruise terminal. Nor do any of them offer a "Stay and Park" option, or a shuttle to the terminal. However, there are several that are well located for touristy stuff.

- Renaissance: Cat 7. Located right in the center of the Inner Harbor. Everything is walking distance, including the Aquarium and great restaurants. The terminal is 5-10 minutes by Uber/taxi.

- Marriott Inner Harbor: Cat 6. Not as close to the Inner Harbor as the name would suggest. But easily withing a 10 minute walk. Ten-15 minutes to terminal by taxi.

- Marriott Waterfront: Cat 7. Located in the trendy Harbor East area. Lots of fun boutiques and some great dining. You can walk to the Inner Harbor or Little Italy from there too. The farthest from the cruise terminal -15-20 minutes.

- There are several other Marriott properties in the immediate area of the Inner Harbor, but none lower than a Cat 5.

Looks like you got the right answer on which Port is the correct one! As for Marriott properties, there are several, but none are next to the cruise terminal. Nor do any of them offer a "Stay and Park" option, or a shuttle to the terminal. However, there are several that are well located for touristy stuff.

- Renaissance: Cat 7. Located right in the center of the Inner Harbor. Everything is walking distance, including the Aquarium and great restaurants. The terminal is 5-10 minutes by Uber/taxi.

- Marriott Inner Harbor: Cat 6. Not as close to the Inner Harbor as the name would suggest. But easily withing a 10 minute walk. Ten-15 minutes to terminal by taxi.

- Marriott Waterfront: Cat 7. Located in the trendy Harbor East area. Lots of fun boutiques and some great dining. You can walk to the Inner Harbor or Little Italy from there too. The farthest from the cruise terminal -15-20 minutes.

- There are several other Marriott properties in the immediate area of the Inner Harbor, but none lower than a Cat 5.

You are fabulous! Thank you so much! I was trying to decide which hotel to stay at and I think we would prefer the Renaissance.

• 2 weeks later...

The Best Western on O'Donnell Street has a Cruise & Stay Package where you can leave your car there during the cruise and they will shuttle you to the ship. Otherwise you'll be paying $105 for the parking. I'm sure some other hotels may do a cruise package. I've stayed a few times at the Marriott Waterfront....beautiful hotel with amazing views of the harbor. It's in Harbor East but walking distance to the Harbor and Little Italy. There's a shuttle too. The Aquarium is great if you haven't been before. The Water Taxi Ride from Fells Point to the Inner Harbor is lovely. You may also enjoy Fort McHenry. If you have other questions I'd be happy to answer them.as best I can. Here's a link to Best Western.

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.21035.html?iata=00171880&ssob=BLBWI0004G&cid=BLBWI0004G:google:gmb:21035

Quick note:

I have stayed at the Best Western and used their Cruise/Park package twice.

I have also stayed at both the Renaissance twice and the Waterfront multiple times.

Personal choice is the Waterfront as we LOVE dining in Little Italy. Safe walk and wonderful dining options.

Bridita gave you great visitor sights to see. If the weather is nice, use the water taxi and visit Bay Cafe for Crab Cakes. They top many lists of favorites year after year.

Have a great time in B-more and enjoy your cruise.

Quick note:

I have stayed at the Best Western and used their Cruise/Park package twice.

I have also stayed at both the Renaissance twice and the Waterfront multiple times.

Personal choice is the Waterfront as we LOVE dining in Little Italy. Safe walk and wonderful dining options.

Bridita gave you great visitor sights to see. If the weather is nice, use the water taxi and visit Bay Cafe for Crab Cakes. They top many lists of favorites year after year.

Have a great time in B-more and enjoy your cruise.

According to their website, the Bay Cafe is shut down. Did they re-locate or change names? Even under the old reviews, it is rated poorly.