Riviera room advice please?

debsjc

The sailing we are looking at has 9006 or 9132 available (A4's)

I was thinking 9006, because it's closer to the Concierge lounge, but it has a sofa bed rather than a sofa. We would not be using it to sleep on, but is it less comfortable than the regular sofas to sit on?

Which one room would you go for?

The sailing we are looking at has 9006 or 9132 available (A4's)

I was thinking 9006, because it's closer to the Concierge lounge, but it has a sofa bed rather than a sofa. We would not be using it to sleep on, but is it less comfortable than the regular sofas to sit on?

Which one room would you go for?

I don't know which deck plan you are looking at, but 9132 is closer to the Concierge Lounge AND it is closer to the Elevators. The sofas and sofa beds are equally comfortable, so that is a non-issue.

I'd suggest 9132.

I don't know which deck plan you are looking at, but 9132 is closer to the Concierge Lounge AND it is closer to the Elevators. The sofas and sofa beds are equally comfortable, so that is a non-issue.

I'd suggest 9132.

Thanks for your reply. I was looking at the deck plan on the Oceania site. Which shows the lounge forward, and 9132 at the aft of the ship. Am I looking at something wrongly?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/deck-plans/

I don't know which deck plan you are looking at, but 9132 is closer to the Concierge Lounge AND it is closer to the Elevators. .

Walk away from the martini :evilsmile:

9132 is closer to the aft :halo:

the cabin looks to be across from a closet-a coat hanger there. if I do not see cabins i always wonder what is across from it-crew door- flower shop etc.

not sure what you are looking at either :confused:

The coat hanger is the self serve laundry

The “coat hanger” is a laundry room - not a closet.

Thank you very much. Only been on three Oceania cruises. But going back next Dec. I would not like to be near a laundry room. I also would nit like a crew door. They show a coat hanger for the space instead of saying laundry room.

You're right Lynne, I was reading 9132 but thinking 9032.

My Bad

Given the choice of those two cabins, I'd scrap both and pic something closer to the Elevators.

No problem, thanks for your help. I don't mind being away from the elevators too much, but good point. :)

the cabin looks to be across from a closet-a coat hanger there. if I do not see cabins i always wonder what is across from it-crew door- flower shop etc.

Which one did you think was across from the coat hanger/ laundry please?

It looks like that is opposite 9041/ 9028 ... not too close to the rooms I was looking at.

Why the concern about the laundry room? Just asking!

If you are concerned about noise, I don't think you should be. People enter from the hallway and go down a short corridor and THEN into the laundry room. And I never noticed people letting that first door slam behind them, although it's always possible that some do.

We were opposite the laundry room twice on R ships where the door does lead right into the laundry room and never heard any noise -- not even when people waiting for a machine or their laundry to be done were chatting in the hall.

I haven't heard complaints from people near the crew entrance but then I wasn't looking for them ...

Mura

Here's the info on entrances to the laundry room. Hope this makes sense.

Decks 11 & 7 have entrances on the port side that open directly into the laundry room. Decks 10 & 8 have entrances from the port side that opens into a little hallway with crew area on one side and the entrance to the laundry on the other. It does not go to the starboard side. Deck 9 has a hallway that connects from the port to starboard side with the laundry through an entrance in the middle."

But neither room is that close to the entrance on 9. It's a moot point. I personally would take 9132 if that were my only two options.