What Is Your Favorite Cruise Line for the Mexican Riviera & Why?

momoverboard

My sister and I are looking for a cruise to do to the Mexican Riviera. I see that Carnival and Princess go there... are these the only lines that do this itinerary?

We have cruised before with Disney and Norwegian and were aptly spoiled. How do Carnival, Princess or any other line compare to DCL and NCL?

Thanks in Advance!

I believe HAL (Holland Anerica) also does and perhaps others.

Comparing lines - in a nutshell:

- Carnival is younger, drinking, partying, loud music, deck pool activities

- HAL is older, more sophisticated, more relaxing, more cultural oriented

- Princess us in between

There really aren't bad cruise lines - the key is to match the right line for your style and preferences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We're doing this itinerary on Carnival in February. We've done cruises on Carnival, NCL, and Princess. Of the three, we felt Carnival was the best fit for us. I am 35 and DH is 49. Even though we don't drink and party, we enjoyed the activities more--80s and 90s trivia, great shows, etc. It was just more fun!

We also thought the food on Carnival was superior to NCL. We thought the food on Princess was amazing as well but the onboard activities were not our style, so Carnival wins the comparison for us.

Carnival and Princess are the only two doing the MR year round. The others are just drivebyes. HAL is only here for a few months in fall/winter.

Out of Los Angeles, Carnival does 7 day cruises. Princess has some 9&10 day cruises. The Princess MR cruises out of San Francisco go to Manzanillo.

We find Princess to be a bit on the boring side, Carnival more vibrant. Both lines have their good and bad. We only cruise Princess these days for the itin.

Edited by SadieN

Carnival and Princess are the only two doing the MR year round. The others are just drivebyes. HAL is only here for a few months in fall/winter.

Out of Los Angeles, Carnival does 7 day cruises. Princess has some 9&10 day cruises. The Princess MR cruises out of San Francisco go to Manzanillo.

We find Princess to be a bit on the boring side, Carnival more vibrant. Both lines have their good and bad. We only cruise Princess these days for the itin.

Princess also does 7 day out of Los Angeles.

• 1 month later...

I have two Mexican Riviera cruises book next year on NCL. I loved NCL when I went last year. I found the buffet actually edible and I don't like buffets so that is a plus for me. On our 9 day March cruise we have two days in Cabo, also a plus for us. If you can find an NCL cruise that goes when you want I would recommend it especially since you have sailed with them before. Just my opinion. Have fun whatever you choose.

Candi