OBC in lieu of gratuities

jjeffjb

I'm glad you and others have been able to find a TA that works for you. Maybe one day we'll find one as well.

This is an open apology to LHT28, YoHoHo and ORV and any TAs that might read this thread. I stand corrected and will gladly eat my words about TAs. As of a few minutes ago, we now have a TA that appears to be everything you have all been boasting about as compared to the one we were "assigned" when we booked a Crystal cruise and have subsequently transferred other cruises to since then. We found her by searching a similar CC thread where a lady was saying her TA gets her 12% rebates. I contacted the CC user, who had her email address listed in her signature, who then passed along the name of her TA after giving her great praises. Wow! What a difference both in knowledge and attitude as well as the number of various services she offers to make for a better cruise. But, first and foremost, I hope you accept my apology for earlier beating up on all TAs in general.

well gosh, I asked a question on a prior thread which I thought appropriate....instead of starting a new thread. Did not mean to stir things up....

simple question, we are "bronze" at 7 cruises. Going ATW in 2018. PrePaid Gratuities are part of the O ATW package, check. Noted on invoice. Will we receive any additional SBC along the way to compensate for our increased loyalty level or is this only applicable to those that are already at silver level prior to embarking? All other Platinum benefits have been applied to our invoice.

I have not done or booked a RTW cruise but on my invoice it has

Oceania Club benefits with a dollar amount next to it

SBC in lieu of Oceania PPG (no amount but my TA did tell me it was $250 per cabin)

Do you have that noted on your invoice?

You mention all the Platinum benefits were applied

not sure what you are looking for ?

We have Platinum level SBC at $600, Spa Credit at $460 and O Club complimentary gratuities with no amount noted. Plus the other ATW benefits of medical, laundry, luggage, internet and our O life choice.

I will ask our TA to check into- from what I have read, it seem we should be receiving $250. Was just looking for some verification. We are quite excited about the trip!

Many thank for your help-

Thanks for your help and

This is an open apology to LHT28, YoHoHo and ORV and any TAs that might read this thread. I stand corrected and will gladly eat my words about TAs. As of a few minutes ago, we now have a TA that appears to be everything you have all been boasting about as compared to the one we were "assigned" when we booked a Crystal cruise and have subsequently transferred other cruises to since then. We found her by searching a similar CC thread where a lady was saying her TA gets her 12% rebates. I contacted the CC user, who had her email address listed in her signature, who then passed along the name of her TA after giving her great praises. Wow! What a difference both in knowledge and attitude as well as the number of various services she offers to make for a better cruise. But, first and foremost, I hope you accept my apology for earlier beating up on all TAs in general.

Thank-you Ken the cruiser coming back and updating everyone of this positive results. I too want to apologize if my post came across as harsher than intended. We read the same words and yet can hear them differently so at times is best to just wait a while as I should have. Glad this has worked out for you.

We have Platinum level SBC at $600, Spa Credit at $460 and O Club complimentary gratuities with no amount noted. Plus the other ATW benefits of medical, laundry, luggage, internet and our O life choice.

I will ask our TA to check into- from what I have read, it seem we should be receiving $250. Was just looking for some verification. We are quite excited about the trip!

Many thank for your help-

Thanks for your help and

Maybe see if Cynthia (CBB) can tell you if they got the extra $250 when they did the RTW cruise last year

In the past the extra $250 only shows up once on board, as the cabin steward gives you a card to sign for it. We've done a cruise each year (going on 16/17 as per O count in January Bridgetown Capetown) and the gratuities never show up till then.

I gather it has to do with you either get the grandfathered amount or not. We do not as late comers to the party. We have however always received them.

I was on the 2016 w/c cruise. It was our first Oceania cruise. We were given the benefits of having 15 credits during the cruise. I don't remember the exact amount but we started the cruise with just a small OBC - somewhere in the $200 - 300 range I think. After a short time the amount went up to over $2,000. There was no official explanation but I was told by other passengers that the increase was due to another passengers going to Oceania and fighting for the increase due to gratuities included in the fare and as a loyalty benefit. What O did then and what they do in the future may not be the same.

I would suggest asking your agent about this as well as posting on your roll call to see what answers others have.

I was on the 2016 w/c cruise. It was our first Oceania cruise. We were given the benefits of having 15 credits during the cruise. I don't remember the exact amount but we started the cruise with just a small OBC - somewhere in the $200 - 300 range I think. After a short time the amount went up to over $2,000.

Maybe as you reached the milestones during the added segments for the Oceania Club benefits they gave the extra OBC in lieu of the PPG ??

well gosh, I asked a question on a prior thread which I thought appropriate....instead of starting a new thread. Did not mean to stir things up....

simple question, we are "bronze" at 7 cruises. Going ATW in 2018. PrePaid Gratuities are part of the O ATW package, check. Noted on invoice. Will we receive any additional SBC along the way to compensate for our increased loyalty level or is this only applicable to those that are already at silver level prior to embarking? All other Platinum benefits have been applied to our invoice.

We became gold upon embarking the RTW this year -- only one prior cruise on O prior to the RTW. Gratuities were included as a RTW perk. We received an additional amount (don't remember the amount off hand) of OBC upon embarkation in lieu of the gold level gratuity perk. I don't recall seeing this additional OBC on our invoice, so it came as a pleasant surprise.

Thanks Waynetour and h2so4 for your info and recollections on prior ATW cruises.

Plus a big thanks to you both (and cbb) for all of your detailed info on ATW planning, port descriptions, daily diaries and blogs. Sure has helped make planning easier for for the 2018 group.

We are now gold but when we reached silver we received gratuities as an OBC. However to receive a credit equal to the full value of the prepaid gratuities a passenger must have reached silver status or higher prior to January 1, 2013. After that date it is $250 per stateroom.