Dream questions

RoperDK

Headed out on the Dream soon and have some questions.....

1. Guys Pig and Anchor - open on embarkation day? I've heard conflicting information.

2. Ordering $20 steak house options in the MDR. Are they worth it? Delivered properly cooked and in a timely manner?

3. Is the new steak house menu being served? If it is, do you feel it is an improvement over the old menu?

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

Was on the dream in aug and will be again in feb

1. Guys Pig and Anchor - open on embarkation day? I've heard conflicting information.

YES! Guys P&A will be available on embarkation.

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

I do not recall it being open on embark day on the 10/29/17 sailing. However, be prepared for looooooooooooong lines when it is open. (Sea days.)

The easy answer, be the first one in line ;) Check when it will be open in the fun times .

As for when it will be open ,sea days .

2. Ordering $20 steak house options in the MDR. Are they worth it? Delivered properly cooked and in a timely manner?

3. Is the new steak house menu being served? If it is, do you feel it is an improvement over the old menu?

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

I can't answer about the steakhouse questions (we don't spend extra on food), but the Pig and Anchor was not open on embarkation day last month. It is open on sea days. Just get in line early and the line moves fast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Re #2 - DH tried the upcharge steak in the MDR on the Conquest. He asked for rare - it came out well-done. Sent it back, and the next one came back medium-well. He ate it because the other 5 of us at the table had finished our dinners and were ready for dessert, but it was definitely not worth it.

unless they are cooking the steak in the Steakhouse, it will not be the same. They have special high temp grills in the Steakhouse like Ruth's Chris. The MDR bakes their steaks in the oven, they are not individually cooked to order.

Hello Dawn,

I have ten days until I board her. So I can not answer your questions. I have enjoyed several recent reviews on the Dream. YouTube also has some great! VLOGS from EECC Travels.

When do you sail?

Bobbi

Hi bobbismith! I hope you have a great cruise! We are cruising in January. We cruised on the Dream 2 years ago and had a wonderful time. I'm sorry to hear that it is leaving New Orleans. Please let me know how your cruise was when you return.

Dawn

Thanks everyone for your responses. Sounds like ordering the $20 upcharge for steak house items is a no go. We may try to go to the steak house twice instead.

For those who waited in line at Guys Pig and Anchor....was it worth it? What was your favorite dish? My DH loves BBQ and we are looking forward to giving it a try.

Still curious if the Dream has the new steak house menu. My DH is wanting to try the waygu beef!

Thanks!

Dawn

I cannot comment on the upcharge menu or steakhouse because I'm not a red meat person.

However Pig & Anchor was not open for our embarkation in August. I never did eat there because lines were long. And I typically am not bothered by a line on a cruise.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Sounds like ordering the $20 upcharge for steak house items is a no go. We may try to go to the steak house twice instead.

For those who waited in line at Guys Pig and Anchor....was it worth it? What was your favorite dish? My DH loves BBQ and we are looking forward to giving it a try.

Still curious if the Dream has the new steak house menu. My DH is wanting to try the waygu beef!

Thanks!

Dawn

Food opinions are so subjective but all three of us in my group thought it was ok but not great. I will say however that we went about 15-20 minutes before they were supposed to be closing and yes there was still a short line. I am thinking we may not have loved it because we went so late. The meat was dry. The sides were hit or miss and we all had different opinions about each. I would certainly try it again but not wait so late and see if the meat was better.

I cannot comment on the upcharge menu or steakhouse because I'm not a red meat person.

However Pig & Anchor was not open for our embarkation in August. I never did eat there because lines were long. And I typically am not bothered by a line on a cruise.

My wife is not a meat eater either and absolutely loves the Steakhouse. They have several non meat options. My wife does eat fish and she loves the Lobster Bisque and the Sea Bass. The onion soup is cheesy and excellent