Current Rotterdam photos of AFT cabins?

tinkerme1

We are considering cruising for 30 nights on the Rotterdam and were wondering if anyone has photos of the "new" retrofit cabins on the AFT. We'd love to see them. If you can't post them, maybe you could email them to me?

micknminy @ aol . com

Thank you!

We are considering cruising for 30 nights on the Rotterdam and were wondering if anyone has photos of the "new" retrofit cabins on the AFT. We'd love to see them. If you can't post them, maybe you could email them to me?

micknminy @ aol . com

Thank you!

The rooms will be near identical to others on the inside. As for the exterior, here's some pictures:

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/02/from-readers-rotterdam-in-puerto.html

Kathi, thank you so much for the email. Sending them to Joni would be nice as well! She's doing an excellent job of keeping up the cabin thread!

I just hope more folks would share their pictures as well! Keep them coming, please!:D

Edited by tinkerme1

• 2 months later...

I can't quite tell from DBA's great pictures (which are very much appreciated!) but I would love to know if any of the Aft cabins have bigger balconies - e.g. does the area for the far port/starboard aft balcony (A6240, A6229, A7076, A7067) go all the way to side of ship or is balcony limited by a divider as indicated on deck plans?

We are planning a 30-day Tahiti and would love to have this tidbit of info (currently booked in A6225). :confused:

• 1 month later...
I can't quite tell from DBA's great pictures (which are very much appreciated!) but I would love to know if any of the Aft cabins have bigger balconies - e.g. does the area for the far port/starboard aft balcony (A6240, A6229, A7076, A7067) go all the way to side of ship or is balcony limited by a divider as indicated on deck plans?

We are planning a 30-day Tahiti and would love to have this tidbit of info (currently booked in A6225). :confused:

I too would like to know if these four cabins have wider balconies as they appear to in some photos. I have seen blubionda's post in other locations but can't find the answer. Were you able to determine the answer? Thanks

Does this mean there's no longer an aft pool??

There's a Retreat pool, about 12" deep, with small tables and chairs fixed in places in the water. There is a nice outside hot tub, with a "waterfall" into the Retreat pool, which got pretty heavy use on the Tahiti trip, as it could be pretty hot just sunbathing.

Does this mean there's no longer an aft pool??

You are right -- when they installed this new Retreat area -- the aft pool was taken out. This was the second ship to get this new Retreat. This new Retreat area has been put on hold for the Statendam, Ryndam and Maasdam.

I got an e-mail yesterday -- don't know how true this is -- but from what was mentioned - the Veendam's Retreat area is to be removed when she goes into dry dock in the spring of 2011.

• 1 month later...
I too would like to know if these four cabins have wider balconies as they appear to in some photos. I have seen blubionda's post in other locations but can't find the answer. Were you able to determine the answer? Thanks

Yep - I've tried to get this info a few times/few places but still no luck.

I thought I would try posting my question again in the Spring - thought maybe after more people have been on the "renovated" ship I might get a better response regarding these balconies. :)

take care,

Kristin

Just returned from the Hawaii-South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam and was in cabin 7070. This is one of 2 centre cabins of 8 cabins facing aft. There are also 8 cabins on Deck 6. We paced out our balcony and it was just under 10 feet by 10 feet. We had 2 loungers, room for 2 tables and 2 stools.

The decks on deck 7 (Navigation) are approximately 3/4 coverd while the balcaonies on deck 6 are completely covered.

The aft cabin and balcony was awesome. It is more sheltered from the wind and rain. We were able to be on the deck when it was raining. The "star show" at night from deck was great. We were also able to relax on our deck and listen to the concerts on the big screen at night. Besides, we were able to see where we had come from!!!!

Just returned from the Hawaii-South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam and was in cabin 7070. This is one of 2 centre cabins of 8 cabins facing aft.

The decks on deck 7 (Navigation) are approximately 3/4 coverd while the balcaonies on deck 6 are completely covered.

THANKS for the info!!! I originally booked 7070 but was concerned about noise from above so I moved down to deck 6 (but would prefer 7070 location in center . . .); did you have any noise issues from the Retreat above you?

micknminy @ aol . com

Thank you!

There was a little scraping noise when they moved chairs but it really didn't bother us. Ocassionaly they played loud music during sailaway but it didn't last very long.

On the deck you could hear the soundtrack from the movie on the big screen but it is only for a couple of hours at night.

Quite often it was very windy and rainy on the Lido but quite comfortable on our deck where we listened to the sound track and watched the stars.

During sailaway, there were usually people along the aft railing and they could see into the front of our deck but otherwise it was quite private.

At the end of the aft hall on the starboard side, there is a door which leads to stairs to the Lido Deck. This was very handy.

Overall, we very pleased with our particular cabin and would book it again in a heartbeat. It really added to our enjoyment of the cruise.

I took some pictures of the balcony. I still am going through them but I will email them to you when I can.

Just returned from the Hawaii-South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam and was in cabin 7070. This is one of 2 centre cabins of 8 cabins facing aft. There are also 8 cabins on Deck 6. We paced out our balcony and it was just under 10 feet by 10 feet. We had 2 loungers, room for 2 tables and 2 stools.

The aft cabin and balcony was awesome. It is more sheltered from the wind and rain. We were able to be on the deck when it was raining. The "star show" at night from deck was great. We were also able to relax on our deck and listen to the concerts on the big screen at night. Besides, we were able to see where we had come from!!!!

Thx. for the info, Alberta Cruiser. We will be in cabin 7070 on the Mar. 4, 2011 sailing to Hawaii/South Pacific. It sounds like we made the right choice in booking this cabin!

• 4 weeks later...
You are right -- when they installed this new Retreat area -- the aft pool was taken out. This was the second ship to get this new Retreat. This new Retreat area has been put on hold for the Statendam, Ryndam and Maasdam.

I got an e-mail yesterday -- don't know how true this is -- but from what was mentioned - the Veendam's Retreat area is to be removed when she goes into dry dock in the spring of 2011.

I talked to several officers on our recent B to B and it was clear that the retreat pools were a mistake and will be taken out. I wish HAL would indicate that this is to take place and when. I would like to book on some of the cruises that the Veendam and the Rotterdam currently list but not unless they have a real sea view pool.