Rotterdam dry dock this fall?

RMS Olympic

i believe I read she will go into dry dock in Oct/Nov time frame.

Does anyone know if this will be a major refurbishment or just mechanical? I sail her in Jan 2018, so I am curious as to what she will look like.

Thanks

Probably converting to Lincoln Center Stage and Lido Market (if not already done) but other than that, I have a feeling it's more mechanical and refresh.

Haven't seen anything definitive on whether they are changing to the interactive tv's on the S/R class

Lido market was bascially done when we were on.

They didn't have the interactive TV's though, so I suspect that will be on the agenda, along with the Suite upgrades.

I can't see a Lincoln Live Centre on an R ship. There's just no place for it.

The Lido roof that closes needs some sprucing up but otherwise, we found the ship in nice shape overall.

the crew was fantastic and if you happen to luck into the same people, you should have a wonderful cruise.

• 5 months later...
i believe I read she will go into dry dock in Oct/Nov time frame.

Does anyone know if this will be a major refurbishment or just mechanical? I sail her in Jan 2018, so I am curious as to what she will look like.

Thanks

Dry dock right now in Freeport, Bahamas. Hope they finish all of it, we board this Saturday (11/4) in Tampa.

My biggest question is how is the EXC concept incorporated into the ship - redo of current Explorations Cafe into the EXC and leave Crows Nest alone, or revamp of Crows Nest into EXC and re-purpose Explorations Cafe into something else. Also will be interested to know if BB Kings is given a "permanent" home on Rotterdam and if so where (they had been using Crows Nest to host them which I thought a good use of space at night personally).

I will also be interested to see if the Pinnacle Grill decor gets a significant makeover or if they retain the original decor from it's days as "The Odyssey Restaurant" - the R Class Pinnacle Grills always had an Italianate Bordello feel to me - lol