ROTTERDAM Upcoming Drydock

foodsvcmgr

Does anyone have accurate information as to the scope of ROTTERDAM's drydock this Fall?

Particularly if any of the newer fleetwide updates like Lincoln Center or Billboard Onboard will be added, or more just general mechanical and cosmetic work?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have accurate information as to the scope of ROTTERDAM's drydock this Fall?

Particularly if any of the newer fleetwide updates like Lincoln Center or Billboard Onboard will be added, or more just general mechanical and cosmetic work?

Thanks in advance.

We'd also be interested, thx. We're looking at a trip on her next February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having just returned from the Veendam with Barry from Boston as the piano bar man, he was assured that the "R" class and "S" class ships would NOT get the Billboard on Board conversion like the Vista and Signature ships. I seriously doubt HAL would change the "Retreat" area back to a pool.

Thanks in advance.

She'll be getting a standard/routine dry-dock. All that stuff you mentioned is going in the Vistas and Signatures

I so wish they would update Rotterdam. I just love that ship. She has such a beautiful inside and that wonderful promenade. I have 72 days on her and wish I could sail on her again!!! We did 42 days on her last Oct & Nov I loved every minute of being on her.

I so wish they would update Rotterdam. I just love that ship. She has such a beautiful inside and that wonderful promenade. I have 72 days on her and wish I could sail on her again!!! We did 42 days on her last Oct & Nov I loved every minute of being on her.

We are heading out on her for the 38 day VOV in August. What would you like to see "up-dated"? We have about the same amount of time on her in the past, and other than the aft splash pool what else needs to be changed? We always liked her decor overall - lots of nice color and subtle whimsy.

She'll be getting a standard/routine dry-dock. All that stuff you mentioned is going in the Vistas and Signatures

Welcome back again, copper. Any final word on who will be on the VOV - Capt on down to key staff?

Thanks.

Welcome back again, copper. Any final word on who will be on the VOV - Capt on down to key staff?

Thanks.

Hi Ol' Salt;

RTDM VOV

Capt. Hans Mateboer & Marco Carsjens (about half-way)

HD unk as of yet

CD unk as of yet

DRM Ferdinand Noija

Ex Chef Peter Kofler

GRM Bianca Kootstra

BM Ivan Breganza

Piano Dude: Barry from New York ;) & Jamsheed Master

Enjoy that itinerary; it's a great one!

Hi Ol' Salt;

RTDM VOV

Capt. Hans Mateboer & Marco Carsjens (about half-way)

HD unk as of yet

CD unk as of yet

DRM Ferdinand Noija

Ex Chef Peter Kofler

GRM Bianca Kootstra

BM Ivan Breganza

Piano Dude: Barry from New York ;) & Jamsheed Master

Enjoy that itinerary; it's a great one!

Thanks! Is this typical to have so many key people unknown one month before cruising? Mind if I pass this on to the Roll Call. We had heard Sabine L from Aruba was going to be CD, but that may have been last year's news.

(Actually, that is Barry from Boston - he has already checked in with our Roll Call)

Thanks! Is this typical to have so many key people unknown one month before cruising? Mind if I pass this on to the Roll Call. We had heard Sabine L from Aruba was going to be CD, but that may have been last year's news.

(Actually, that is Barry from Boston - he has already checked in with our Roll Call)

Sure; Yeah, I know Barry's from Bean town, hence the ;) Unless, there's been a change, Sabine is going home mid-July. It's not unusual, No, schedules change all the time.

Thank you, Copper 10-8.

We are certainly looking forward to a great Voyage of the Vikings.

I am hoping that the ms Rotterdam's library will survive the drydock renovations.

Barbara

I can't see them doing anything to the library since it is not in the Crow's Nest and it is a "standard" drydock.

HD is now Mike Mahn, half-way

CD is now South African Jan Bason, just came off the Amsterdam

I can't see them doing anything to the library since it is not in the Crow's Nest and it is a "standard" drydock.

My hunch is that the current Explorations Cafe/Library on deck 5 of the R-class vessels is morphed into EXC, and that the Crow's Nest remains largely untouched .... no supporting evidence, just a hunch

HD is now Mike Mahn, half-way

CD is now South African Jan Bason, just came off the Amsterdam

Thanks for the update.

Uh,oh, is Jan's "Dutch" really Afrikan Dutch which I know makes "real" Dutch speakers squirm since it is somewhat archaic - like back to the 16th Century? :p Not worry for us English speakers - I think South African English has one of the best accents of them all.

Thanks for the update.

Uh,oh, is Jan's "Dutch" really Afrikan Dutch which I know makes "real" Dutch speakers squirm since it is somewhat archaic - like back to the 16th Century? :p Not worry for us English speakers - I think South African English has one of the best accents of them all.

Jan is a very common Dutch name and was my original name when growing up in Holland but, as you know, here it's also a girl's name ;) Jan Bason is a good guy; filled in as CD but was primarily show host on Amsterdam

Jan is a very common Dutch name and was my original name when growing up in Holland but, as you know, here it's also a girl's name ;) Jan Bason is a good guy; filled in as CD but was primarily show host on Amsterdam

Should we assume Jan has not done the VOV before?

Having just returned from the Veendam with Barry from Boston as the piano bar man, he was assured that the "R" class and "S" class ships would NOT get the Billboard on Board conversion like the Vista and Signature ships. I seriously doubt HAL would change the "Retreat" area back to a pool.

The drydock info is attached for when, where and what is being added. I plan on sailing from Tampa this winter.

rotterdam drydockShip.doc

I couldn't get the link to open. Any suggestions?

I was able to get it open. Here it is copy and pasted:

"Ship: Rotterdam

Dates: October 26 - November 3, 2017

Details: As part of a $300 million investment, Holland America is updating entertainment, dining and suites across its fleet between 2016 and 2018. Rotterdam will see updates this fall during a dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas. While enhancements will vary by ship, all Vista- Signature- and Rotterdam-class ships will receive new furniture, carpeting and wall covers, as well as a new quartz stone top on the desk, dresser, nightstands and makeup vanity. Electronic upgrades include a USB outlet added the bed's headboard, LED reading lights and a lighted closet rod. Suite passengers will also have access to a new interactive TV system with free movies on demand, in-cabin coffee and espresso machine, binoculars for use during the sailing, free mimosas with ensuite breakfast and more."