Upsell mistake :(

dbird

We are booked on the Noordam Anchorage back to Vancouver Sept 17th as part if our Honeymoon land and sea package. We had booked balcony cabin 4050. Midship, on the land side. Yesterday I got offered an Upsell to suit 5001 and took it. This is an accessible suite....on the Oceanside instead of land side ( my new husband has never been to Alaska)small balcony and bathroom counter. I asked my ta to cancel the upgrade after I researched the room. Any suggestions or tips to make me feel better if she can't get us our old cabin back?:eek:

That Neptune Suite has a huge wrap around balcony and is at the front of the ship........it will also give you access to Neptune Lounge and other Suite perks. Would be worth it to me.....

Edited by HollyJ614

That Neptune Suite has a huge wrap around balcony and is at the front of the ship........it will also give you access to Neptune Lounge and other Suite perks. Would be worth it to me.....

Suite 5001 on the Noordam is a SIGNATURE SUITE ... no access to Neptune Lounge or real suite perks other than a phone-in concierge and double Mariner Points.

4050 isn't really midships but more forward. 5001 is a Signature Suite, not a wrap around and it does not have access to the Neptune Lounge.

Personally I would prefer 4050. How to get 4050 back on an upsell... that may be tough. I know there have been times when people have gotten their original cabins back if they were upgraded by HAL.

As far as land side vs. ocean side... you will have scenic views from both sides. A lot of the time when the ship is in open waters you can't see the land, it's too far away. In the inside passages you will have views from both sides.

The Signature Suites are larger than the balcony rooms and should feel a bit more luxurious, very special for your celebration cruise.

Congratulations to you both! Wishing you a beautiful and memorable honeymoon. m--

My DH thought it was great, loved the big room and forward view. I had some issues with the accessible modifications. We got this room as a free upgrade on the OOSTERDAM.

I see that you got your room back. I think you will be happier with your original choice!